Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 1:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son was born on October 10th and has been exclusively breastfed with not pacifiers and no pumping at all. I am also tandem nursing my 2 year old daughter at night. This is my 4th baby to breastfeed and 2 I didn't get cycles until they were 14/15 months and they other was 12 months. My son is not even 3 months old yet and I started having bright red bleeding. It's more than the postpartum bleeding that's usually a light pink tinge when I wipe. Could this be my period already? I am confused because I have never had a cycle this early with any of my others and he's not on any solids.

by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
RaeMarie
by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 1:41 PM

Could be. My dd got her period before baby was even 2 months. I exclusively bf all 3 of my kids and always got mine back around 4 months. 

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Could be, but probably anovulatory. Just be cautious if you don't want to get pregnant again.
Stephanie3804
by Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 10:25 AM

That's the bad part. I've always used breastfeeding for the first year to prevent pregnancy. I take him everywhere I go and feed him on demand. I can't believe my cycle came this early. I've never got mine back before mine were a year and I'm pretty sure with how heavy the bleeding is, it's my cycle. I was only having spotting before with the postpartum bleeding. I guess I need to start charting my cycles.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Could be, but probably anovulatory. Just be cautious if you don't want to get pregnant again.

Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 12:20 PM
Yes it can be i had it different with all three of my babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)