Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Egg allergy

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2017 at 9:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
Does anyone have any experience with their baby having an egg allergy? I thought eliminating dairy would stop the green, mucousy, sometimes blood speckled poops that our 3 month old daughter has had since she was about 2 months old. Eliminating dairy did stop the blowouts and frequent pooping, but nothing else. I've worked a lot on my overactive letdown & have gotten poops to be yellow for the most part rather than green. But today was the worst yet. A lot of mucus & some blood again. At supper, my husband and I talked through the last week & when our daughter would have mucus and what I ate that day. We seem to have a correlation with when I eat eggs. So I'm going to eliminate them & hope for the best. How long will it take to get the egg proteins out of our systems? Is it likely she'll outgrow it if she does indeed have an egg allergy?
by on Dec. 30, 2017 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 1:05 AM
My son would have that sort of reaction to both eggs and citrus in his early months. I could eat one egg or have no more than four ounces of orange juice once a day. My guess for you is that the time needed to clear your systems would be similar to dairy. By 6-8 months, he could handle all of the allergens as long as I didn't over consume them.
B3autifulCha0s
by Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 10:26 AM
A lot of infants can outgrow allergies by 2, from what my kids’ allergists and GIs say.

How long did you eliminate the dairy for? It typically takes a minimum of one month for all traces to leave the body. Somits recommended to try the elimination diets for 2-3 months to get a real idea of an allergy.
Dani1009
by Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 10:35 AM
It's been about 3.5 weeks since I completely eliminated dairy. I was so hopeful to see some big improvements, as my older daughter had major improvements after 1.5 weeks of no dairy back when she was a baby. I'll continue waiting & watching, but in the meantime, I'm so frustrated & impatient!

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: A lot of infants can outgrow allergies by 2, from what my kids’ allergists and GIs say.

How long did you eliminate the dairy for? It typically takes a minimum of one month for all traces to leave the body. Somits recommended to try the elimination diets for 2-3 months to get a real idea of an allergy.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 4:56 PM
You need to relax and give things tome to clear out of your system and hers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)