Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thrush..

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 12:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
Do i need to throw out all the milk ive pumped?
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 1:51 PM
No. Just follow the thush protocol outlined on Kellymom.com.
blessedmommy85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 2:30 PM
I just read it and ive had symptoms going on a week so do i need to toss all the milk i pumped in that time? Ive been pumping and freezing my milk. This is what kelly mom says:

• Expressed milk should not be frozen during treatment. Yeast is deactivated during freezing but not killed. If frozen milk is given to the baby after the treatment, thrush may recur. The baby may be fed fresh or refrigerated expressed breastmilk, however.

Quoting MusherMaggie: No. Just follow the thush protocol outlined on Kellymom.com.
blessedmommy85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 3:40 PM
I was put on one weekly dose of 150mg of diflucan. Reading online idk if thats enough???
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:44 PM
I guess you do need to toss the milk. You need to treat your baby as well. Use the Kellymom.com protocol for the baby as well. Doctors tend to prescribe Nystatin suspension, which is full of sugar that feeds the yeast. Gentian Violet, the preferred treatment, is messy but it works. I would call the doctor back for yourself, though. That one single dose will not take care of the problem, unless it's four weeks in a row. Eliminate white sugar, pasta, bread and rice from your diet for a while, and get a good probiotic.
blessedmommy85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:24 PM
Its 2 weeks and my dr said to come back if its not gone after a week. I started me and my son on probiotics today and ordered Gentian Violet should ber here by the 5th. What dosage should it be?

Quoting MusherMaggie: I guess you do need to toss the milk. You need to treat your baby as well. Use the Kellymom.com protocol for the baby as well. Doctors tend to prescribe Nystatin suspension, which is full of sugar that feeds the yeast. Gentian Violet, the preferred treatment, is messy but it works. I would call the doctor back for yourself, though. That one single dose will not take care of the problem, unless it's four weeks in a row. Eliminate white sugar, pasta, bread and rice from your diet for a while, and get a good probiotic.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:34 AM
Quoting blessedmommy85: Its 2 weeks and my dr said to come back if its not gone after a week. I started me and my son on probiotics today and ordered Gentian Violet should ber here by the 5th. What dosage should it be?

Quoting MusherMaggie: I guess you do need to toss the milk. You need to treat your baby as well. Use the Kellymom.com protocol for the baby as well. Doctors tend to prescribe Nystatin suspension, which is full of sugar that feeds the yeast. Gentian Violet, the preferred treatment, is messy but it works. I would call the doctor back for yourself, though. That one single dose will not take care of the problem, unless it's four weeks in a row. Eliminate white sugar, pasta, bread and rice from your diet for a while, and get a good probiotic.

You swab the baby's mouth with it, and apply it to your nipples, three times a day. Old tee shirts and onesies that you don't care about being stained will be the uniform of the day for a while. And I would think four weekly doses of diflucan instead of two would be better.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Dani1009
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:27 PM
I used my frozen milk when my twins and I had thrush. I was barely pumping enough, and needed every drop I could get so they had breastmilk while I was at work. It took much longer to get rid of, but I got into the habit of putting coconut oil on my nipples a lot! That helped prevent an outbreak for me & after a month or two, thrush was no longer an issue
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)