Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What am I missing?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:35 PM
  • 15 Replies
For over a month now, my daughter has been having mucousy poops, sometimes with little flecks of blood. I eliminated dairy 3.5 weeks ago, last Saturday I stopped eating eggs, Monday I stopped eating all nuts & soy. Yesterday she had the most normal poops she's had in weeks, I felt so good that we were on the right track! Now today it's back to mucus & blood flecks. What am I missing? I've been eating things like oats, rice, ground beef, bananas, & potatoes. I just want this to get better, I feel terrible that I can't figure out what is upsetting her tummy.
by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaeMarie
by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:36 PM

What does the dr say?

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 5:56 PM
As we've said before, it takes six weeks to fully clear it from her system. And you've only just eliminated eggs, nuts and soy. Give it more time. You're on the right track. Please don't be so hard on yourself.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 5:57 PM
Quoting RaeMarie:

What does the dr say?

Doctors are pretty useless when it comes to this sort of thing. Most of them just advise going to formula.

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 5:58 PM
I hate to say it, but you may need to reduce or eliminate beef, at least for a while.

Dani1009
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:31 PM
This exactly. Our pediatrician is absolutely clueless about breastfeeding issues. He gives no advice & brushes everything off as normal. My lactation consultant encouraged me to keep a journal & eliminate anything suspect. But in the meantime, every bad poop has me almost in tears. I thought eliminating dairy would fix everything, but it's been 3.5 weeks, & the past week has been the worst looking diapers so far. I make most things from scratch so I'm very confident that I'm not getting any hidden dairy

Quoting MusherMaggie:
Quoting RaeMarie:

What does the dr say?

Doctors are pretty useless when it comes to this sort of thing. Most of them just advise going to formula.
Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:47 PM
Six to eight weeks is what i was told for foods to clear from your system. If it started to get better i say your figuring it out but dont eliminate everything so fast bc they you dont know what it is. I say do one thing at a time and once you see improvement stick with it.
poosey08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:21 PM
How's the oversupply going? Could that be part of the problem yet? Try some chamomile tea for you. That has been such a help to my son with being gassy/fussy. This will pass, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now. How's her mood?
Dani1009
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:59 PM
The oversupply is still an issue, and could very well be the cause of all this. I still leak & spray during letdown (Which is unbelievably painful for a few seconds). I pump out in the morning & do 3 hour block feeding (longer blocks make me engorged). I also pump just the right side before bed or she coughs & gags during night feedings. I had a really random, crazy work schedule the weeks leading up to Christmas & for some reason pumping during the work day led to an increased supply. Hopefully now that I'm working less, I can get my supply to level out? Could you tell me more about the tea? That sounds very interesting!

Quoting poosey08: How's the oversupply going? Could that be part of the problem yet? Try some chamomile tea for you. That has been such a help to my son with being gassy/fussy. This will pass, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now. How's her mood?
Dani1009
by Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 10:07 PM
Is everything still going well for you & baby? I keep hoping that we'll find success like you did! You're my hero!

Quoting poosey08: How's the oversupply going? Could that be part of the problem yet? Try some chamomile tea for you. That has been such a help to my son with being gassy/fussy. This will pass, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now. How's her mood?
RaeMarie
by on Jan. 4, 2018 at 11:10 AM

Really? I guess the 2 drs I use(d) were some of the few. My little kids ped in IN was full of advice and pushed me to not quit. DDs Dr. here has also had a lot to say, none of which was to go to formula. I guess I didn't realize drs still pushed formula. 

Quoting Dani1009: This exactly. Our pediatrician is absolutely clueless about breastfeeding issues. He gives no advice & brushes everything off as normal. My lactation consultant encouraged me to keep a journal & eliminate anything suspect. But in the meantime, every bad poop has me almost in tears. I thought eliminating dairy would fix everything, but it's been 3.5 weeks, & the past week has been the worst looking diapers so far. I make most things from scratch so I'm very confident that I'm not getting any hidden dairy
Quoting MusherMaggie:
Quoting RaeMarie:

What does the dr say?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)