Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you stop nursing?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2018 at 6:48 PM
  • 26 Replies
Just wondering at what age was your lo when you stopped breastfeeding? And why did you stop?
by on Jan. 13, 2018 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was about 25 months when I stopped. I was very pregnant and i decided that nursing a toddler and a newborn wasn't for me. I just had my daughter on the 5th and he is very interested in her nursing and likes to snuggle with me when I nurse her.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
With my first, I was exclusively pumping and stopped at 6 months. I couldn't keep up my supply just pumping. With my youngest, I'm still nursing at 18 months.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2018 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine both self weaned, when they no longer needed it.
Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2018 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My first two slwf weaned at about 1 1/2 my thrid is still going and hes almost 2 1/2. I allow then to slef wean its less stress on everyone. But i stop the night feeding at 1yr old so we all rest better.
nicolett80
by Member on Jan. 14, 2018 at 10:32 AM
Thanks for the responses ladies! Any advice on weaning? What do you do when your lo doesn't want to stop lol
Luke8212013
by Member on Jan. 14, 2018 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My baby is almost 5 months and is nursing. No plans to wean anytime soon.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2018 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
After a year of age, you can set a few limits. I pretty much nursed on demand until mine were well established on solids at 18 months or so. After that, they might have needed to wait a few minutes. I did not cut of any nursing sessions. They gradually shortened and eliminated sessions themselves. They began to skip a day here and there, then more days, until they were no longer nursing. I firmly believe that a child nurses only as long as she or he needs to.

Quoting nicolett80: Thanks for the responses ladies! Any advice on weaning? What do you do when your lo doesn't want to stop lol

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

audmom1218
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2018 at 11:23 AM
32 months with dd and 30 months with ds. Pregnancy caused both of them to stop.
godsgirl26
by Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 12:49 AM
My son just turned 2 and I’m so ready to stop already. I guess you can say I’m drained.
poosey08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2018 at 11:19 AM
How did you night wean them at 1?

Quoting Stevensmomma: My first two slwf weaned at about 1 1/2 my thrid is still going and hes almost 2 1/2. I allow then to slef wean its less stress on everyone. But i stop the night feeding at 1yr old so we all rest better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)