Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What could cause these lines?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:43 AM
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I have been weaning my 2 year old son. He only nurses at night for about 4 weeks now. I noticed a line on my right breast and just thought my son scratched me (by accident), but it didn’t hurt to touch it. Then noticed about an hour later two more lines but on my left breast. They feel kind of itchy but it is cold where I live and my skin is dry. I noticed two bug bites or something last night and now these lines on my breast not sure it is related or just a coincidence. I did at Christmas go to my aunts house who had her brother there (not my unlce) that brought bed bugs with him had my house checked but it was “too cluttered”, for them to be 100% sure I didn’t have them, they say they didn’t see anything but suggested to clean up the clutter and they would come back which they are in 2 weeks, so not sure if it is a bed bug bite haven’t seen any edvicence but I am freaked out. Sorry off topic. Any idea for the lines on my breast could be 😊
by on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Not related to nursing in any way that I could think of. I would say nug bit is a good possibility.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:34 PM
The lines aren't from big bites, and the red dots may or may not be from bed bugs. We had them bad (thanks to our upstairs neighbors bringing home a used mattress) and my dd got attacked bad. They usually bite in groups of 3 places.
lost2013
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:46 PM
I know I probably don’t have them but no one told us he brought them with him. He was leaving as we got there but everyone’s coats were all piled together. My cousin put all their clothes in the dryer on found one. But didn’t tell us until after I was home for 3 hours and my kids clothes wear in their rooms they wore over there. I am cleaning all clutter and having them come back. The hard part is my kids (5, 3, 2) don’t understand why I am stressed and don’t know why all their toys have to go in the basement (they told me to do that).

Quoting Junebaby18: The lines aren't from big bites, and the red dots may or may not be from bed bugs. We had them bad (thanks to our upstairs neighbors bringing home a used mattress) and my dd got attacked bad. They usually bite in groups of 3 places.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:49 PM
The lines look like scratches. My son scratches me while nursing or trying to pull my shirt down and it's usually not enough to hurt but enough to leave a scratch.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:37 PM
Quoting lost2013: I know I probably don’t have them but no one told us he brought them with him. He was leaving as we got there but everyone’s coats were all piled together. My cousin put all their clothes in the dryer on found one. But didn’t tell us until after I was home for 3 hours and my kids clothes wear in their rooms they wore over there. I am cleaning all clutter and having them come back. The hard part is my kids (5, 3, 2) don’t understand why I am stressed and don’t know why all their toys have to go in the basement (they told me to do that).

Quoting Junebaby18: The lines aren't from big bites, and the red dots may or may not be from bed bugs. We had them bad (thanks to our upstairs neighbors bringing home a used mattress) and my dd got attacked bad. They usually bite in groups of 3 places.

I don't know why they told you to put the toys in the basement. That's not going to help anything. If you do have them, they will go up through the vents and outlets. The stuffed animals and toys should all be bagged up in dark trash bags and allowed to stay like that for a couple weeks so they have a chance to die. Everything that's washable, sheets/pillowcases/pillows/blankets/clothes left out, should be washed and dried on the highest heat you can do. My dh works in hotels and he said the best way to tell if they're in your home is to look at your mattress right along the edges (the seams) and look for dark spots which is poop and blood from them.
lost2013
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:47 PM
They told me to put everything in black bags or tubs with lids in the basement wait a week or two because we are their homing device if they are able leave those toys to get to us they won’t have many spots to hide. The only thing is my kids playroom is down stairs but I put the black trash bags away not really close to where they play.

Quoting Junebaby18:
Quoting lost2013: I know I probably don’t have them but no one told us he brought them with him. He was leaving as we got there but everyone’s coats were all piled together. My cousin put all their clothes in the dryer on found one. But didn’t tell us until after I was home for 3 hours and my kids clothes wear in their rooms they wore over there. I am cleaning all clutter and having them come back. The hard part is my kids (5, 3, 2) don’t understand why I am stressed and don’t know why all their toys have to go in the basement (they told me to do that).

I don't know why they told you to put the toys in the basement. That's not going to help anything. If you do have them, they will go up through the vents and outlets. The stuffed animals and toys should all be bagged up in dark trash bags and allowed to stay like that for a couple weeks so they have a chance to die. Everything that's washable, sheets/pillowcases/pillows/blankets/clothes left out, should be washed and dried on the highest heat you can do. My dh works in hotels and he said the best way to tell if they're in your home is to look at your mattress right along the edges (the seams) and look for dark spots which is poop and blood from them.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 20, 2018 at 12:01 AM
Quoting lost2013: They told me to put everything in black bags or tubs with lids in the basement wait a week or two because we are their homing device if they are able leave those toys to get to us they won’t have many spots to hide. The only thing is my kids playroom is down stairs but I put the black trash bags away not really close to where they play.

Quoting Junebaby18:

You can also wash the stuffed toys if you're ok with that, just like the sheets and towels. Than the toys can still be played with.
lost2013
by Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 2:09 AM
Yeah the stuff toys I will probably wash which my kids don’t have a morning stuff toys. But the electronic toys like their Fur Real tiger I put in a black trash bag since those can’t be washed. They told me to wait a week or two to wash the sheets until they come and inspect again so I don’t wash away any edvince of bed bugs (if we even have them) even though I haven’t seen any esvince when I inspect all beds everyday since Christmas. I have light colored sheets on the beds in case they leave any poop stains behind they are easier to see. My aunt got her house inspected and they didn’t see any bugs at her house. But her son and daughter in law found one on their stuff when they put all their coats and clothes in the dryer as soon as they got home on christmas it was dead in the lint trap.

Quoting Junebaby18:
Quoting lost2013: They told me to put everything in black bags or tubs with lids in the basement wait a week or two because we are their homing device if they are able leave those toys to get to us they won’t have many spots to hide. The only thing is my kids playroom is down stairs but I put the black trash bags away not really close to where they play.

Quoting Junebaby18:

You can also wash the stuffed toys if you're ok with that, just like the sheets and towels. Than the toys can still be played with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)