Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the chances??

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:10 AM
  • 3 Replies
My oldest son and I were have pb&j for lunch yesterday. Something we eat often. (My oldest does have tree nut allergies and asthma) The baby was sitting on my lap trying to grab at my plate, which I pushed back. I don’t think he got anything on his hands.
He started rubbing his eyes and I thought he must be getting sleepy, I took him back to his room to change his diaper- around his eyes were red and puffy and he had hives on both of his arms. I immediately took him to the bathroom and washed him off and my hands.
His itching seemed to be relieved quickly. I called his doctor and he is going to have bloodwork today to see if he has an allergy.
I really hope he does not- but it just seems too coincidental. I was really hoping by breastfeeding him we would hopefully avoid this with him. I hope I’m wrong. I do pray if he does have allergies that he doesn’t have asthma.
Please pray for my little man today. I hope the lab has an easy time getting his blood today.
by on Feb. 21, 2018 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 3:10 PM
Breastfeeding does not prevent everything. I have heard it said that peanut allergies are becoming more common due to peanut oil being in some vaccines. I don't know if there is amy truth to this; but I would definitely ask the doctor about it or do some research on your own.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 3:10 PM
And allergies do run in families.
Luke8212013
by Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 4:54 PM
Interesting, I haven’t heard that before. I will do some research of my own as well as ask his pediatrician and my other sons allergist.
I think I’m just bummed. I know breastfeeding isn’t a prevention. I was just hopeful it would be helpful, which I know it has been in other ways.
My son did great with his bloodwork so we should probably hear some results tomorrow. Thank you!!

Quoting MusherMaggie: Breastfeeding does not prevent everything. I have heard it said that peanut allergies are becoming more common due to peanut oil being in some vaccines. I don't know if there is amy truth to this; but I would definitely ask the doctor about it or do some research on your own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)