Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with two under two???

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2018 at 1:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
So my son is 15 months old he still is bf I might be pregnant do you girls think I should start trying to wean him off before the new baby comes (if I'm pregnant) or how would I do this I'm really nervous plus we co sleep and he feeds through out the night .I can't imagine taking his milk from him lol he loves his boobie
by on Mar. 2, 2018 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2018 at 1:54 PM

I had multiple sets of 2 under 2.  7 kids in 9 years.  I weaned my first 2 before the baby and wish I hadn't.  I learned a lot more with the other kids.  My 3rd nursed all through the pregnancy and tandemned with her brother.  They both weaned during the 5th pregnancy.  My 5th nursed through my next 2 pregnancies and weaned when he was 5.  The 4 and 2 year old still nurse.

I did night wean my kids before the new baby arrived.  I needed to do that for me.  Though lots of moms continue to nurse both through the night

LuvMay2010
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2018 at 8:14 PM
Thank you, so I am pregnant a little surprised cause I was using contraception, but I am excited it's a blessing .I am nervous though cause my 15 month old loves nursing!! We will see how it goes. *Fingers crossed

Quoting micheledo:

I had multiple sets of 2 under 2.  7 kids in 9 years.  I weaned my first 2 before the baby and wish I hadn't.  I learned a lot more with the other kids.  My 3rd nursed all through the pregnancy and tandemned with her brother.  They both weaned during the 5th pregnancy.  My 5th nursed through my next 2 pregnancies and weaned when he was 5.  The 4 and 2 year old still nurse.

I did night wean my kids before the new baby arrived.  I needed to do that for me.  Though lots of moms continue to nurse both through the night

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Member on Mar. 2, 2018 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
You can safely breastfeed during pregnancy as long as you're not high risk. You can also nurse your toddler and newborn, which is called tandem nursing. Some toddlers will self wean during mom's pregnancy since milk can change taste and may decrease as well while others continue. I'm thinking about TTC this summer when my son is 2 and I'm assuming he'll still be nursing then since he shows no signs of stopping.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2018 at 11:10 PM
I nursed all through my second pregnancy and tandem nursed for quite a while after. I let both of my children wean when they were ready.

Your toddler might wean himself during your pregnancy as your milk changes taste, decreases and reverts to colostrum, or he may not. There is no reason to force the weaning unless you have a high risk pregnancy.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2018 at 7:37 PM
I nursed through a pregnancy. No problems!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)