Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Letdown question

Posted by on May. 16, 2007 at 9:38 AM
  • 9 Replies
Is it normal for you not to feel your milk letdown at night? I mean late night early morning like 12- 4 am. I feel it all other times but not at night.
by on May. 16, 2007 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom4alex
by on May. 16, 2007 at 9:42 AM
I don't always feel it, in fact I don't usually feel it.
lexy20
by on May. 16, 2007 at 9:43 AM

I have never felt it!! What does it feel like anyway?
Charlyesmama
by on May. 16, 2007 at 9:47 AM
I used to feel mine everytime that I nurse but as my daughter has gotten older I don't always feel it during every nursing.  During those hours I become slightly engorged because my daughter is sleeping longer now.
bunnywzrd
by on May. 16, 2007 at 9:53 AM
I always feel mine.  it feels like somebody pouring very hot water through my veins.  Kinda uncomfortable.
Whit32542
by on May. 16, 2007 at 12:54 PM
My letdown feels like a sharp tingling sensation. It doesnt hurt as in a painful sort of way but you do feel like"ugh, my milk's letting down....."
brwneyeddaisy1
by on May. 16, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Quoting Whit32542:

My letdown feels like a sharp tingling sensation. It doesnt hurt as in a painful sort of way but you do feel like"ugh, my milk's letting down....."

Mine feels the exact same way, and I guess sometimes at night either I don't feel it, or am too sleepy to notice.
hamburgerfaye
by on May. 18, 2007 at 8:21 AM
For the first month or so of his life I never felt a letdown..then one day all the sudden I feel this tingle in my breast that quickly worked its way to a strong tingle in my nipple. Then my oppisite breast started leaking and I knew it was a letdown. The feeling has ony gotten stronger. Like the other said, it doesnt HURT but it doesnt feel good either....its a weird tingle. thats the best way I can describe it.
I think when you are soooo full of fore-milk, there alot there for the baby to drink already and your hindmilk doesnt have to letdown, so you wouldnt feel it unlesss the baby drank all that sitting right there by the nipple,was still hungry, and cause the hiund-milk to letdown. Makes sence to me. So, if youve been in bed for like 4-6 hours, your milk would have built up...cause your usually very full and heavy when you wake for nighttime feednig, right? Atleast thats what I feel like happens to me at night when he falls asleep before clearing it most out and causing a letdown.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 18, 2007 at 10:24 AM
Yep. Consider yourself lucky...I always felt it and wanted to be one of those women who didn't.
proudmom20000
by on May. 18, 2007 at 10:36 AM
Mines the same way you probably can't feal it because your not having let down at that time.  I know when your baby sleeps you don't produce as much milk so between those hours your probably not producing any to have a let down. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)