Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Period after Delivery

Posted by on May. 17, 2007 at 11:40 AM
  • 10 Replies
Okay I have a question for everyone.  After I gave birth to Allie, I bled for the next 6 weeks. But since then I have not had a period.  I am on the pill, but I think it is the brestfeeding that is stopping my period?  Anyone else the same?
by on May. 17, 2007 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kendrakelly13
by on May. 17, 2007 at 11:42 AM

My daughter is seven-months-old and I just got my period for the first time 2 weeks ago. It is totally normal. I was breastfeeding her, too, up until about two months ago. The longer ytou breastfeed, the longer it will be until your period comes back. I was worried too, but its nothing to worry about.

Keodenver
by on May. 17, 2007 at 11:53 AM
I breastfed as well and did not get mine until she was 9 months old! I say, besides all the health benefits for your baby and the bond that is developed, this is the greatest reason of all to breastfeed!!!
brwneyeddaisy1
by on May. 17, 2007 at 11:58 AM
Cassie is 8 1/2 months old and I am yet to get mine back.  Yayyy!
KGuthrie06
by on May. 17, 2007 at 12:05 PM
I am the same way! Right after I had Kyleigh I bled for a while. Then I havent had a Period since, and I am also on Birth Control. I think it must be the breastfeeding. No need to worry!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 17, 2007 at 12:25 PM
Normal.

Auntie Flo will show up at a time when it's least convenient for you.

Although...you muist consider yourself fertile at all times. You can get pregnant again without ever seeing a period.
Luv_My_JuJuBean
by on May. 17, 2007 at 12:35 PM
that is what is going on with me. i was so scared but now i guess its not only me.i knew BFing could delay your period but i though the Pill would make it start! guess i was wrong!
Mom2Xavier
by on May. 17, 2007 at 1:54 PM
I WISH!

I have my little Doodle 4 months ago and I've had my period like every 2 weeks for the past 2 months!  I asked my Dr and he said it's nomal for hormones to be crazy.  The first day of my last period was May 6th and when he went in there yesterday he said "looks like you're ovulating" 
WHAT?!
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2007 at 6:58 PM
I bled for about a week and a half after I delivered Helena and no bleeding or period since,and she's 7 months old! May be a mixture of my BF and having an IUD....but either way,whoo hoo!
beverlyrose
by on May. 17, 2007 at 7:04 PM
i bled for about 10 weeks!! and had very little spotting due to the paragurd every now and then.  i had my period last month for the first time in forever and not this month. breastfed mothers are more likely to start their period later because of hormones produced while breastfeeding, but that doesnt mean you arent ovulating!!!  its totally normal.
lovingmy3boys
by on May. 17, 2007 at 7:11 PM
I breastfeed for 12 months and didn't get my period until 4 months after I had stopped breastfeeding. I think it's different for everyone, but it's very normal not to get a period while breastfeeding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)