Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Lopsided boobs problem...please help

Posted by on May. 17, 2007 at 10:35 PM
  • 3 Replies
i've been breastfeeding my son for the past 7 months and all of a sudden my right boob has shrunk down almost the point where no milk is coming out and the left side is huge! ive tried pumping the right side and have tried just giving him the right side but its not working! im afraid its drying up completely and im left with 2 completely different sized breasts. ive heard that this is can be common when the baby is starting solids but i didnt see it coming....can someone please help?
by on May. 17, 2007 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gradysmom2006
by on May. 17, 2007 at 10:40 PM

Maybe try cutting out solids for a few days or cut down to just one.  It will make your baby hungrier, so more nursing sessions.  And always begin with the smaller breast. When my son gets constipated I cut out his solids to help loosen stools and he nurses nonstop.  It takes another week or so to go back to normal. 

buttons664
by on May. 17, 2007 at 11:07 PM
I have the same problem only my right breast is the huge one and my left is tiny.  This has been a problem for about 7 months and my baby is 11 months old.  I can still get about 1 1/2 ounces out of the small breast but thats it.  And of course my baby doesn't like nursing on the small side cause the milk doesn't come out fast enough so I can only feed him on that side when he is really tired.  The rest of the time I pump it.  But nothing has helped me regain the milk supply in that side.  I guess I am just going to be a size DD on one breast and an A on the other until i am done nursing him!
PeanutMM
by on May. 17, 2007 at 11:54 PM
The same thing happened to me except opposite sides.  My dd gradually stopped nursing from the left side and only nurses from the right side.  Every once in a while she will want to try the left side again but after a few seconds she unlatches and makes a funny face.  She has been nursing from 1 side only for almost a year now...she is 24 months old.  I would keep offering the smaller side first as long as your baby will take it but don't give up, I have heard of MANY women who can only nurse from one side!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)