Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

1:36am- urgent question

Posted by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:40 AM
  • 8 Replies
Please... has anyone on here ever had a kidney infection? I have felt sick for a week and now have pain in my back on the left side and was peeing a whole lot last week. As far as I know, no fever though... and I haven't had painful urination. Not sure what's up and whether to make a trip to see doc. tomorrow. Thanks!
by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sarahem
by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:44 AM
What exactly do you want to know about kidney infections?  I had one a few years ago.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 18, 2007 at 1:44 AM
See the doctor. If the pain is really bad, go to the ER.
dinglejen
by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:46 AM
I'm so sorry!

My guess though... you probably have a pulled muscle.  I've had a kidney infection... not only was I throwing up, and super high fever, but I wanted to cry every time I peed!!  I'm not SURE that you have to be that sick, but part of me thinks so.  Your kidneys are on both sides of your lower back.  Keep drinking LOTS of water (or even cranberry juice), and try some simple stretched.  I know my back gets REALLY sore when my DS wants to eat all the time!!

PS... I'm NOT a doctor or anything like that... I've thought  I"ve had a kidney infection a couple of times, and it turned out to be a pulled muscle (execpt for the one time it wasen't!).  Make SURE you see your Dr...  Good luck!!
acasey
by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:46 AM
I would definitely call your doctor's office in the morning. They should have a call nurse who can advise you on whether or not you need to come in.  You may just have a UTI, but either way, you need treatment.  Better safe than sorry.  Best of luck! 
racang
by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:47 AM
I would go the doctor....a kidney infection can become very painful, and you feel it in your lower back and your sides....if you think it is a kidney infection (which it sounds like it is) I would go to the doctor tommorrow so they can get you on some medicine and make you feel better.
bostonharlem
by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:47 AM
Normally if you are peeing a lot, then that is not considered signs of a kidney infection.... you may have a bladder infection, and normally if that does not get treated it could turn into a kidney infection, but I am not a dr.. so get that checked out!!! Let me know that you are alright!! Take care, and drink a lot of fluids!
Hoozeluv
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:04 AM
Thanks! I figured I should go, but I didn't want to make DH mad at me for a wasted trip to the doc. He is one of those "never go for anything" types. I had finally quit having to go to the doc. as often a few months ago after repeated bouts of yeast and a bacterial infection (from what, I don't know). I'm so tired of doctors! Now I'm trying to get pregnant again and it's taking forever!!!! A test today came up negative even though I'm 2 days late. I was a week late last month, so I'm gonna ask about that too. Wasn't sure if I was late due to hormones from weaning my daughter on the 28th of last month after her first b-day. Man, I'm a mess!!!!
beverlyrose
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:11 AM
omg...yes!  i had one after my daughter was born.  i had pain in my kidneys i was achey all over and had a fever.  peeing a lot is a good thing so you dont get a uti. you dont have to have painful urination either.  you should definatley see a doctor just in case. if your pee is kind of brown or reddish it could be a stone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)