Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

sooo pissed...period during nursing!

Posted by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:00 AM
  • 21 Replies
well at my 6 week check up i got medically released with flying colors (had a c section) and prescribed BC...my doctor also told me that i most likely wouldnt have a period at all because i am breastfeeding exsclusvly and thats what other women including my mom had told me....welll four days after that AWESOME news...i get the WORST period of my life!

im sooo mad...seriously i was soo stoked about not having one and now i had the worst one ever and im bummed that ill prolly have them the whole time i BF.....anyone else feel my pain lol
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 18, 2007 at 2:03 AM
Oh, you're not alone. Breastfeeding is not protection against pregnancy or periods.
dragonfly06
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:03 AM
i feel for you. i was so pissed when i got my period back 2 1/2 mo after having my baby. i nursed only and still got it back so soon. i had an emergency c-section and did not start on bc pills either. it's just wrong.
MasonsMommy1707
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:04 AM
grrr me too!!  mason is 4 1/2 mo. old and i just got one.  i ebf too and i thought for sure that old "aunt flo" wouldn't be coming back anytime soon.  i totally feel ur pain, i was so pissed and bitchier than ever that day it came back...lol  I went exactly 1 yr. and 1 mo. since my last period.  :::sighs:::  what can you do?
momofamamasboy
by Member on May. 18, 2007 at 2:05 AM
I feel your pain! I got my period 8 weeks after. I was also so excited my sister told me that I would get a period for months!!...she lied :)  Now with the burth control that they put me on I haven't stopped bleeding for 3 months. It is starting to get a little old!
beautifullyme
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:09 AM
ughh well thank God in not alone on this one...my mom was like i just dont understand...i never got a period while i BF...and im like o shut up hahaha...(ps i love my mom but sooo frustrating lol)

i think men should have the periods from now on...haha we have the kids!
Hoozeluv
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:10 AM
At about 4 weeks pp, I got a normal period, then didn't get another one until 6 months pp. You may be like that. Good luck... it sucks no matter when it comes back!!!! My attitude gets much worse now than it ever did!!!
beautifullyme
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:11 AM

Quoting Hoozeluv:

At about 4 weeks pp, I got a normal period, then didn't get another one until 6 months pp. You may be like that. Good luck... it sucks no matter when it comes back!!!! My attitude gets much worse now than it ever did!!!

o Lord...haha i pray my attitude doesnt get worse! lol
SaraFriel
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:23 AM
LOL!!! You are so not alone. I got my period when my son was about four months old. My mom always told me that as long as I bf I wouldn't have one. Yeah that was a big lie! She told me (after i called and told her) that some do have periods but she never got one until she finished bf! She nursed all of us (there is nine of us).  When I did get mine OH MAN!!! it was the worst one ever. The flow was so freaking heavy and I didn't even want to go anywhere or move just stay in bed and relax. Sorry TMI! LOL! I get one pretty much every month now. It really bites!! Yeah I really did cry when I got it! lol!
babymine
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:40 AM
I got mine recently, when my son was almost 8 months.  It was the LIGHTEST period of my life though, only lasted a day and a half!  (I know, you all want to kick me for saying that)  but I thought I wouldn't get one until I weaned, I guess everyone is different..
Hoozeluv
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:48 AM
Yeah, I spotted a little the month before mine came back full force.
Quoting babymine:

I got mine recently, when my son was almost 8 months.  It was the LIGHTEST period of my life though, only lasted a day and a half!  (I know, you all want to kick me for saying that)  but I thought I wouldn't get one until I weaned, I guess everyone is different..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN