Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Baby always wants mommy!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2007 at 10:51 PM
  • 8 Replies
I wanted to know since I am nursing is this normal for my 6 month old to always want me. Any time we are anywhere and I go out of the room and come back in he starts to cry for me. I feel really bad for my husband and other family members . I guess he's just a mommas boy! I am with him all the time.
by on Feb. 28, 2007 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sara-gruntlings
by on Feb. 28, 2007 at 10:56 PM
My little guy is like that during "witching hour" (6PM-midnight), and when he's hungry, or when he's clusterfeeding due to a growth spurt.

6 months is one of the growth spurt periods. Has he always been this way, or is it just recently?

I've found that encouraging the husband to change diapers and take baths with him has helped the little one to be less upset when he's holding him instead of me. :)I also encourage my husband hold his hand and talk to him and stare into his eyes while he's nursing, and to be actively part of his play.

He's finally getting to the point where he accepts the husband as a member of the family, and someone who will play with him, dance with him, sing to him, change his diaper and occasionally feed him a bottle of expressed milk.
jackiesmom72
by on Feb. 28, 2007 at 11:03 PM
My daughter is 8 months old now and has been doing the same thing since about 6 months, so I'm right there with ya!  I try to have DH take her while I go into another room, even if it's just for 10-15 minutes to try to get her to understand it's okay if Mommy is out of sight for a little bit.  I'll come back!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 1, 2007 at 1:10 AM
Could be a little separation anxiety going here too.

He'll outgrow it. And before you know it, he'll ignore you completely because he's daddy's boy. :-)
kkblade
by on Mar. 1, 2007 at 1:29 AM

Quoting gdiamante:

Could be a little separation anxiety going here too.

He'll outgrow it. And before you know it, he'll ignore you completely because he's daddy's boy. :-)
Exactly. That is what happened with my oldest. Tongue out
cziegenbein
by on Mar. 1, 2007 at 9:58 AM

Quoting jackiesmom72:

My daughter is 8 months old now and has been doing the same thing since about 6 months, so I'm right there with ya!  I try to have DH take her while I go into another room, even if it's just for 10-15 minutes to try to get her to understand it's okay if Mommy is out of sight for a little bit.  I'll come back!

Thank you for your comment. Also I was reading your page I see your kids challenges are the same as mine! lol
cacc2002
by on Mar. 1, 2007 at 10:56 AM
I am having the exact same problem- for me though, I'm with her all day and all night because DH words nights.  He spends around 2 hours a day with dd and it's not enough time for her to really get attached to him.  It's so hard because I'm on burnout all the time from holding her all day long.  I've finally decided the only way for me to get a break and for her not to cry for me is to either be in a different room the whole time, or just leave the house.
bleusweetpea
by on Mar. 1, 2007 at 11:12 AM
my son is 7 months and he does the EXACT same thing.....but i can't even put him down right now....yesterday i was joining Cafemom and i put him in his bouncer so i could type and he cried the whole time while staring at me.....i can't even put him down now......everyone tells me to let him cry, that he'll get over it....but he doesn't.....and he keeps crying.....and i feel like a horrid mother when i do this.....so i'm right there with you......hopefully they outgrow this....although my friends daughter is 3 and she still is allllll over her mother and crying when she isn't held......sigh.......i can only pray that doesn't happen to me....but you can't help but love them.
Mommy2AJ
by on Mar. 1, 2007 at 12:17 PM
Adam ALWAYS wants to know where I am. If he can't see me he doesn't like it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)