Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

BF 10month old and pregnant

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 10:41 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi there! New to the site. I am exclusively breastfeeding my 10 month old and am 7 weeks pregnant. Has anyone else done this or am I the only crazy one?!? My milk supply is low...very frustrating. I want to make it to a year so badly...only 2 months left! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
slmmarsh
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 10:43 AM

There is a website for breastfeeding moms that answers a lot of questions. It is www.kellymom.com They may have soem tricks for how to increase your supply. Also, there are message boards so that you can talk with other breastfeeding moms about their experiecnces and get advice.
Hope this helps.

Mimomof3boys
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 10:46 AM

I have heard of women nursing while being pregnant. I personally would not do it. Your body is so busy growing your baby that I would not want it to be busy making milke too! HA I know that sounded lame....but can a body do both successfully? My SIL lost a baby at 16 weeks and she was nursing. I don't know if the two were related or not but I wonder. If you are unable to nurse your baby now hey you gave her ten great months and should be very proud of yourself. Best of luck and congrats on the new baby!

cincymom2
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 10:48 AM
Thanks for the advice. I know some women who are breastfeeding and pregnant. Just not with babies so young. Doctor says it is completely safe. Thanks for the website. I will check it out
christinamarie
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 10:51 AM
Hi and welcome :) I've nursed through my last three pregnancies and beyond.  You are not alone.  It it not uncommon for your milk to get low about this time.  The normal suggestions for increasing milk apply: fenugreek, mothers milk tea, oatmeals/barley, drink lots of water, eat well, rest as much as you have time to.

The supply goes down a little during pg, but it will cycle again and pick back up like it should with colostrum at birth.
cincymom2
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 10:53 AM
Is fenugreek safe during pregnancy?
DomsMomma14
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 10:58 AM
I got pregnant when my son was 10 months old and he basically weaned himself, except for at night, because I have heard the milk starts tasting different. Anyways, I ended up losing the pregnancy and once my milk returned to normal he was nursing again.  Ask your pediatrician if he can start whole milk now instead of going to formula. Thats my suggestion!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 7, 2007 at 11:18 AM
Nursing while pregnant is fine as long as you are not at risk for pre-term labor. It doesn't put your body at any extra effort than if you were not nursing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN