Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeedind and going back to work

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 7:24 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello All! Well I have decided to go back to work part time from 6-10 at night. That is so we don't have to pay for daycare. I am still nursing my daughter and our bedtime routine is alittle cereal is she wants, bath time, nursing, read a book, and then bedtime. Well her daddy is going to have to learn to do this all himself. Do you think she is going to be alright without me being here to nurse her if he offers her a bottle each night? I am really sad about not being there for bedtime. What do you think??
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
owie
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 7:30 PM
I have worked this shift three to four times a week with my last two babies. It's tough the first two weeks but gets easier. Your baby might object to the bottle at first but if you pump for breast milk she might take it better. Good luck and enjoy some grown up time at work.
becnbear
by on Mar. 7, 2007 at 10:16 PM

I have gone back to work recently and my daughter is over 8 months old, so she was pretty set in her ways.  I'm not gonna lie, it's hard on my husband to not have me there to nurse her to sleep, but it's getting better.  When there is no other option, people can do amazing things!  You should be fine, just expect a few rough weeks!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 8, 2007 at 12:46 AM
She may be unhappy at first but she'll adjust.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)