Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wanting a drink of alcohol

Posted by   + Show Post
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not an alcoholic or anything, but it has been a looong time since i've had a drink.  This is the first child that i have BF this long.  I do have some pumped milk stored up...now what i was wondering is if i had a drink, how long after is that out of my system where it would be ok to pump or nurse my dd....any help is greatly appreciated! thanks
Jessi
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 11:50 AM
Replies (11-13):
SexyJessi
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Quoting Haute_Mama:

Quoting SexyJessi:

Thanks girls for all your support, its good to hear from many that its fine to have a drink.  All of you have been alot of help. I I love this group!!!

OMG, She's beautiful!!!! 

Thanks!!! I think so too, but what mom doesn't think their child is the cutest!
cali4niachef
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:25 PM
the rule is: IF YOU ARE SOBER ENOUGH TO DRIVE YOU ARE SOBER ENOUGH TO NURSE.

~ Cindy 
(mama to 22 month old nursling, childbirth junkie, coffee addict, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor and IBCLC in training)

"It is curious commentary on our society that we tolerate all degrees of explicitness in our literature and mass media as regards sex and violence, but the normal act of breast feeding is taboo" - American Academy of Pediatrics

"If you don't know your options, you don't have any." - Diana Korte, A Good Birth, A Safe Birth

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis
jadevixen
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Quoting SexyJessi:

Thanks girls for all your support, its good to hear from many that its fine to have a drink.  All of you have been alot of help. I I love this group!!!

my daughter who is almost one saw this pictures started grinning and pointing at the screen saying, "bay-bee, bay-bee" she didn't stop 'til I held her up to the screen and let her kiss the baby. She is so pretty, you must be as proud as I am.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)