Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

need encouragement

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 9:19 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have started back breastfeeding and my milk supply is back, better than before.  My daugher is 9 weeks old and I brestfed her till she was 4 weeks.  I have been trying the past couple of weeks to get her to latch on.  At first she was just screaming but now she will play with it(lol).  I have flat nipples and I use breast shells and I have also tried a nipple shield.  Please tell me that its not to late.  I miss it so much.  Any suggestions welcomed.
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mandinb
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 9:22 PM
if you keep trying...she'll get the hang of it again.  Just don't give up.  Offer it to her as many times as you can throughout the day/night.  Yay to you for trying
Leahk
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 9:49 PM
Yes~ YAY for you for trying. Have you seen a lacation consultant, maybe they can give you more tips. If you do offer your dd your breast as often as you can she will get it! Good Luck, Don't give up both of you will get it!
CarouselGirl79
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 9:53 PM
are you using your milk for her as well or are you using formula when she won't take your breast? By using formula she won't want the breast but if you are using your milk then its will be easier to get her to latch on.

Veronica

I am so blessed

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 1, 2007 at 9:55 PM
It's only too late when they surgically remove your breasts. You're making progress. See about a supplemental nursing system; gets baby latching and gives her the instant gratification she wants.
sara-gruntlings
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 11:49 AM
Try expressing some of the milk first to get it flowing so that if she does latch on she's immediately rewarded with milk the way she is when she uses a bottle. Squeeze some fo the milk out so it's on the nipple and she can smell it when you hold her near the breast. Also, see what happens if you just cuddle her near the breast. Sometimes they latch on when they're not being pushed to latch on.

Keep pumping to keep your supply up! You should pump for at least 15 minutes/side every 2 hours across the day, and every 4 hours across the night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)