Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

going crazy and need to vent

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 12:31 AM
  • 2 Replies
 First, have you ever heard of the "wonderpets" on Noggin? I hope not. My kid watches it every weekend and for two full days I get their stupid little ditty stuck in my head.  Nothing makes it go away. one of the worst things about the show is that the three pets mispronounce many words. example: strong, they say "stwong."  "it's like preschool on tv!" Noggin claims. Show me a preschool where they purposfully teach young children to mispronounce words.

Second, It just took me an hour and a half to put the kiddo to bed. good gravy! and to have this awful song stuck in m head the whole time... I'm about to flip.  He is never this hard to put to bed! he cried in his crib. I let him. I went in and layed down with him on my bed. he played. I put him in his bed. because I was there, he evicted his blankets and cup of water. then cried some more. I give them back. he removes them. I bring him back into bed. he lays down. he's up. and so on for about 45 minutes. I get angry. I want icecream. I leave and let him cry. My dad is trying to sleep in the next room. I can't take it anymore. I go in. pick him up. we la down together. about 10 minutes later, he finally passes out from presumably exaustion.  I call my hubby. he's not there. I make my icecream and sit down to vent. I feel better. thank you for listening. I'm going to eat my icecream now.
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
myjoyoverflows
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 12:34 AM

He's playing games with you....don't let him.  Let him cry...if he's changed, fed, cuddled, not too hot or cold, he's fine to cry.  You're going to get way too stressed from this, and it's going to be a lot harder in the long run.  Lay him down, let him cry, eat some ice cream...relax...breathe!

sprime
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 2:03 AM

Quoting Haute_Mama:

He'll cry everytime until he gets what he wants. which is for you to pick him up. So...don't do it, When he realizes that screaming isn't going to get him out of the crib when it's sleepytime then he'll stop putting up a fuss altogether. If you don't like the idea of just leaving him there, then you can give him time to cry, comfort him and then leave when he's stop screaming. DO NOT TAKE HIM OUT OF THE CRIB. just pat him, sing  or talk to him anything to calm him down. When he's stopped, you leave. Give him more and more time to cry it out each night (i started with 10 minutes of crying and then checking on her and calming her down and added 5 minutes to the crying time each night. On the third night she didn't even put up a fight.) It'll seem weird for a while, but if you're consistant it'll work.
This might not be what you feel comfortable with, i just wanted to share what worked for us. Good luck with bedtime, and enjoy that ice cream! We, as mothers, deserve it!
now, ladies. I said TONIGHT! Most nights he goes down without a problem and has for about 15 months now. Tonight he had a problem. and with grandpa trying to sleep next door, letting him scream longer than 10 minutes wasn't exactly my option. If I had my own place, I would've been able to send my husband in or/and let kiddo cry.  Again, not an option. I don't have a problem letting him cry.  I was just venting. It is rare that he has such a problem, so when he does, it stresses me out.  I'm just glad I got my Icecream. I have been known to fall asleep waiting for kiddo to fall asleep.

Shit, it's midnight. I gotta get up early and a long day ahead of me . night ladies. and thanks for listeneing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)