Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Cabbage

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 8:41 AM
  • 5 Replies
Does eating cabbage make your milk stop or decrease?
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nkymomof3
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 8:48 AM
I don't think so, I have never heard that.... but did anyone ever hear of putting frozen cabbage leaves on your breast if you get Milk fever( where you get infection in your milk glands.) I got milk fever right after my youngest was born and the receptionist at my ob suggested this until I could see the doctor. I didn't think it helped to draw out the infection like she said.
flora52
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 8:52 AM
It is also called Mastitis, and yes I have heard of doing that.
Quoting nkymomof3:

I don't think so, I have never heard that.... but did anyone ever hear of putting frozen cabbage leaves on your breast if you get Milk fever( where you get infection in your milk glands.) I got milk fever right after my youngest was born and the receptionist at my ob suggested this until I could see the doctor. I didn't think it helped to draw out the infection like she said.

mommeeofmany
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 9:09 AM
Eating cabbage doesn't hurt your supply.  It's quite healthy like eating any other vegetable.  Just beware it can be a little gassy for you and for baby.
Frozen cabbage leaves placed directly on the breasts can help when you are ready to dry up.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 2, 2007 at 4:03 PM
You can eat cabbage. Just don't stick it in your bra. :-D
kerbear84
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 4:05 PM
I haven't heard that, but a friend of mine used cabbage leaves to get rid of her milk after he son was born...she said it pulled the milk right out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)