Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cabbage

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 8:41 AM
  • 5 Replies
Does eating cabbage make your milk stop or decrease?
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nkymomof3
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 8:48 AM
I don't think so, I have never heard that.... but did anyone ever hear of putting frozen cabbage leaves on your breast if you get Milk fever( where you get infection in your milk glands.) I got milk fever right after my youngest was born and the receptionist at my ob suggested this until I could see the doctor. I didn't think it helped to draw out the infection like she said.
flora52
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 8:52 AM
It is also called Mastitis, and yes I have heard of doing that.
Quoting nkymomof3:

I don't think so, I have never heard that.... but did anyone ever hear of putting frozen cabbage leaves on your breast if you get Milk fever( where you get infection in your milk glands.) I got milk fever right after my youngest was born and the receptionist at my ob suggested this until I could see the doctor. I didn't think it helped to draw out the infection like she said.

mommeeofmany
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 9:09 AM
Eating cabbage doesn't hurt your supply.  It's quite healthy like eating any other vegetable.  Just beware it can be a little gassy for you and for baby.
Frozen cabbage leaves placed directly on the breasts can help when you are ready to dry up.
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 2, 2007 at 4:03 PM
You can eat cabbage. Just don't stick it in your bra. :-D
kerbear84
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 4:05 PM
I haven't heard that, but a friend of mine used cabbage leaves to get rid of her milk after he son was born...she said it pulled the milk right out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN