Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Not feeling so hot

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
I've been breastfeeding my daughter for three months now.  In the past few days my breasts seem more tender and like they are getting more full in between feedings.  I don't think she has changed her feeding schedule much so im not sure why thats happening.  Also I have been sooo hungry ALL the time. I have also been drinking so much water i am peeing all the time but i still always feel thirsty.   i am exhausted even though i just get up once a night for a feeding and feeling a crampy.  overall i just don't feel right.  oh and i also feel like im overheating! Could i be getting my period?  are my hormones just way out of wack?  maybe coming down with something?  any ideas has any one else felt like this?
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:35 PM
You could be getting your period. Or...hold onto your hat...you could be pregnant again.
tlc576
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:39 PM
it can also be post partum thyrosis. I went through this, was always thirsty, always had dry lips, was so tired I could barely move even though my son slept 7-8 hours a night starting at 7 weeks old. They diagnosed me when he was about 3 months old and all they can do for it is check your blood every month or so to make sure there isnt any more sudden drops. it took about 4 more months for me to get over it. But go get checked out.
erinm17
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:44 PM
yikes i hope im not preggo again..not quite ready for that!  what is postpartum thyrosis?  And is it just diagnosed by a blood test?  what do u do for it?
tlc576
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:50 PM
Quoting erinm17:

yikes i hope im not preggo again..not quite ready for that!  what is postpartum thyrosis?  And is it just diagnosed by a blood test?  what do u do for it?

Its where your thyroids arent producing like they should, you'll be tired and get sick more often. All they did was take my blood and do an anemia check and a thyroid check. Turned out I had post partum thyrosis. They said that its just a waiting game and coming in to check every so often to make sure there wasnt a sudden drop or that something else didnt go wrong with it. They dont know why some women go through this, but it wasnt a really big deal. I just had to try to eat better, and get more rest.
ArtC
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 3:55 PM
Doesn't sound very familiar to me, but If you suddenly start feeling flu-like then you may have mastitis in one of your breasts.  You would probably see a red looking infected spot somewhere on one of them too.  And mastitis will completely wipe you out until you can get some antibiotics. 

It comes on really fast though, so I don't think that's what you have.  Your discription sounds like you've been dealing with your problem for a few days already.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN