Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursing #4

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 4:38 PM
  • 1 Replies

Bitsy made her grand arrival last week & had made me Mommy to 4.  The lactation consultant from the hospital came in with in the first 2 hours....she (and the others after her) decided I could teach a course on BF since this is my 4th go at it & Bitsy nursed almost every other hour the first 24 hours.  I know one day she nursed more than 15 times...and that's after the first 3 kids didn't want to nurse at all during the first 24 hours.

I had prepared the older kids for BF long before Bitsy was born.  Our oldest remembers me BFing her brothers, but the boys are too little to remember.  When I got home, I immediately sat down to nurse & the boys were right on top of us asking 800 questions.

The 4 year old said, "Do you have any milk in there for her?"
The 2 year old keeps hollering, "Bitsy needs to get Mommy bites from your bosoms!"  Even when she's sleeping.  He's absolutely fascinated by the process & wants me to nurse his sister constantly!

Now I'm wondering what exactly it takes to become a lactation consultant...because that is something I could do once I'm ready to go back to work...in about 7 years.

by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
babywildcat
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 4:43 PM
Congrats on your new arrival!  I'm so glad everything is going well and the other kids are taking to her so well! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)