Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

WARNING/REMINDER TO BREASTFEEDING MOMS!

Posted by   + Show Post

As most of you know there have been men on CafeMom in the past, and probably will be in the future.  Most of them are just insecure jerks, but some have been here specifically to fulfill their breastmilk and breastfeeding fetishes by looking at pics, asking to "help" with latch issues via webcam, and by asking for donor milk.

Red flags IMO are the unwillingness to call/be called efore meeting or mailing milk (absolutely a MUST in my opinion after this experience), no personalization or sharing of experiences  such as baby's name/birth details/current behavior, real home page/profile if it's through a group like this one (something that shows history, pictures, etc.), and just a general feeling you get after chatting for a bit.  The person I ran into asked for donor milk for an adopted baby but had a story that shifted the more questions I asked and when I looked at the groups "she" had joined, noticed that there were NO groups about babies or adoption, just breastfeeding... there were NO pics, no details, etc. and the story changed as we kept chatting! 

There are legitimate calls for donated breastmilk, just trust your gut, and use your head, and don't give up the idea of donating altogether if it interests you.  I am now donating for an adorable little boy who was adopted by a nice family near me... I'm so glad I didn't let this experience totally turn me off to the idea, because it is very fulfilling to give!

Julie

The Book Club Title Challenge:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

by on Sep. 5, 2008 at 11:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mommylove2205
by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 9:21 PM

That is soo scary! Thank you for the heads up!! What has our world come to?

EliMomma
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 1:43 PM

ew.

lajoy
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 7:28 PM

Ok, I might be naive or something. There are men out there that into breastfeeding???????

Yuck!

epoh
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 8:16 PM

Yes, and they usually like to do the whole baby bit: dressing in diapers and getting them changed, being nursed and/or drinking breastmilk/formula from a bottle, etd . . . I saw a CSI episode about one of those wierdos . ..

Quoting lajoy:

Ok, I might be naive or something. There are men out there that into breastfeeding???????

Yuck!

c-dub1001
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 10:58 AM

gross, totaly discusting

genuinely_real
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 10:44 PM

men can be so creepy. thats just nasty that you would want to get off on someone breatfeeding. that is special time with your baby not sexual pleasure!

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
mama516
by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 1:38 PM

nasty -

i was emailed by somebody that was starting a breastfeeding sapport group in my area on Yahoo, when I looked into it it was all men wanting to " help encougare a beautiful practice " I was creeped out

Breast feeding , Cosleeping ,baby wearing, G diapering , vac researching Mama to

CJ - intact and super chunky

Maggie-Ray - high needs and bouncy

4mle
by on Oct. 2, 2008 at 3:47 PM

what an important and much-needed post.  many, many thanks.

Cohoyo1
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 11:52 AM

What a shame..and to think, I upset a guy at the circus last week when I fed my baby. He and his wife were seated next to me and were horrified. My husband said that they should grow up. Where do these weirdos come from? UGH!

cijihurley
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 12:14 PM

wow...craziness...thanks for the warning...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)