Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

WARNING/REMINDER TO BREASTFEEDING MOMS!

Posted by   + Show Post

As most of you know there have been men on CafeMom in the past, and probably will be in the future.  Most of them are just insecure jerks, but some have been here specifically to fulfill their breastmilk and breastfeeding fetishes by looking at pics, asking to "help" with latch issues via webcam, and by asking for donor milk.

Red flags IMO are the unwillingness to call/be called efore meeting or mailing milk (absolutely a MUST in my opinion after this experience), no personalization or sharing of experiences  such as baby's name/birth details/current behavior, real home page/profile if it's through a group like this one (something that shows history, pictures, etc.), and just a general feeling you get after chatting for a bit.  The person I ran into asked for donor milk for an adopted baby but had a story that shifted the more questions I asked and when I looked at the groups "she" had joined, noticed that there were NO groups about babies or adoption, just breastfeeding... there were NO pics, no details, etc. and the story changed as we kept chatting! 

There are legitimate calls for donated breastmilk, just trust your gut, and use your head, and don't give up the idea of donating altogether if it interests you.  I am now donating for an adorable little boy who was adopted by a nice family near me... I'm so glad I didn't let this experience totally turn me off to the idea, because it is very fulfilling to give!

Julie

The Book Club Title Challenge:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

by on Sep. 5, 2008 at 11:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
Erika_Steele
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 11:52 AM

that is just so creepy.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
Janette81
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 6:43 AM

Yea, ITA...creepy!

Quoting SweetJaney:

Ewwwww! HOw disgustingly creepy!! Even here we have to watch for weirdos. Thx for the heads-up. Sheesh! I have to go wash my mind now ugh

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
ColtenandMom
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 11:08 AM

i feel sorry that they have to be really creepy ...that is just GROSE!!!!

shamrocks
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 2:41 PM
That is creepy, you have to be so cautious about everything, all the time! ~Lori~
bamaunicorn
by on Oct. 23, 2008 at 4:26 AM

WOW...I guess some guys will go to any lengths possible when it comes to their fetish! YUCK sticking out tongueAnyways Thanks for the heads up...no problems here yet thank goodness!

Quoting SweetJaney:

Ewwwww! HOw disgustingly creepy!! Even here we have to watch for weirdos. Thx for the heads-up. Sheesh! I have to go wash my mind now ugh

Emmama408
by on Oct. 25, 2008 at 7:48 AM

I am in shock. Some men are freaks. Thanks for the heads up.  My husband doesn't even want to see mine, Because he relates them to being our baby's food supply. What in the world is wrong with guys, why would they want to sneak peeks at breastfeeding mothers anyway, did their mommy's not pet them enough or what? I thought the were laws against peeping Toms! If not there should be.

tdmag
by on Oct. 25, 2008 at 11:25 PM

That is really scary I hope no one thinks this about me I dont no how to put pics on my page yet!

Gruntlings
by on Oct. 26, 2008 at 5:47 PM

BTW, another reason for not willing to be called/call is deafness. :) I often have my husband deal with the phone stuff for me because I can't hear worth ANYTHING. But I do tell people to feel free to ask me to speak into the phone just to confirm that there's a female involved. :p

e_teter04
by on Oct. 30, 2008 at 5:13 PM

I had no idea that people went to that extreme..Thanks for the tip

LunarEclipse
by on Nov. 2, 2008 at 3:16 AM

Thank you for the warning! I would never think it would happen on here, but i guess this would be the prime place if you get your jollys out of drinking breast milk! It is just so scary seeing this kind of stuff. You can't trust anyone anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN