Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help, I have anxiety what should I do?!

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 1:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

Let me know if I'm the only one.  I dread night time because I just sit there restless wondering when Mason will wake up.  I get a ton of anxiety from it.  I'd rather stay awake then fall asleep bc I know he will be getting up soon.  I'm just so constantly worried about him.  When he was first born I was horrible with it, now I'm getting better.

I'm just wondering if any of you feel the same way.  I just don't want to be the crazy mom that's constantly worried about any and everything.  So let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance,

Jami 

by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamadragon
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:15 PM
It gets easier! I've been pretty laid back this time around but I know I was a basket case when my first was that little. I think it is really normal to feel anxiety with a newborn. Hang in their momma!
EscobedobyzMom
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:20 PM
I was the same way too. I was up til he woke up to nurse and then it was all over with. I also kept him bed after all that went away. I was tired of losing sleep. THe then co sleep. SO now he sleeps with us. I sleep, he sleeps, we all sleep and I have no anxiety. He is already 21 months on weds and I got tired of losing sleep to the anxiety.
Good LUCK
Aberiah
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 4:09 PM
I did the exact same thing.  My son is 6 weeks old and at first it was anxiety about if he was still breathing.Then, it was just less of a let down if I waited and anticipated when he would wake up rather than getting all comfortable and then having to get back up.That made me want to scream.  I found that the only way to get any sleep was for him to sleep with us.  He sleeps great like this and so do we.  I mean we still get up every 2-3 hours to feed but I feel much more rested and I don't get anxious anymore.
Oceanblue
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 6:44 PM

I was the same way and I still am, and my son is 8 months old. For my shower I registered for the Angel care monitor, it senses if the baby has stopped moving or breathing, if has not felt movement for 20 seconds it sets of an alarm. It has never gone off for us until a couple of nights ago, my husband and I jumped out of bed and ran to his crib and grabbed the baby, he started crying, he must have just not took a breath that long because it is very sensitive. It's 100 dollars but WELL worth it. I always turn it on, it keeps me sane.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 19, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Ever hear the old Erma Bombeck saying? "Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids."

None of us get out of this alive and sane. :-)

Seriously, I *still* do the same thing, except that I'm anticipating my son coming into our room.

You're not crazy. But if you are, welcome to the asylum!

Mommy2AJ
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 10:18 PM
I am not sure how bad your anxiety is but I have anxiety disorder and am being treated for it.  If you are only anxious about your son, then I would say that it is very normal to be that way. I obsess about everything, his sleeping, eating, development. I always worry. If you are anxious about lots of things than maybe you should talk to your dr. I am taking Lexapro and it is working well. I am not trying to jump the gun, I don't know your whole situation. I just know I had post partum depression, anxiety and agoraphobia (the fear of a difficult situation) and the Lexapro is great. Hope this helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN