Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

101 REASONS TO BREASTFEED

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:42 AM
  • 142 Replies
Please make this a sticky!!

This was too large to cut and paste, heres the link to

101 REASONS TO BREASTFEED

http://www.promom.org/101/

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janaki
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 3:18 PM
Damn, now I'm kinda pissed because I wasn't breastfed!

trayparis
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 3:31 PM

Great!!
But, I must completely disagree with #67.  I formula fed dd#1, and I got WAY more sleep then I do now, or when i breastfed ds!

cali4niachef
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 3:36 PM

Quoting trayparis:

Great!!
But, I must completely disagree with #67.  I formula fed dd#1, and I got WAY more sleep then I do now, or when i breastfed ds!

that probably has to do with temperament and personality rather than method of feeding.

~ Cindy 
(mama to 23 month old nursling, childbirth junkie, coffee addict, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor and IBCLC in training)

"It is curious commentary on our society that we tolerate
 all degrees of explicitness in our literature and mass media
as regards sex and violence, but the normal act of breast feeding is taboo"
- American Academy of Pediatrics

"If you don't know your options, you don't have any."
- Diana Korte, A Good Birth, A Safe Birth

trayparis
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Quoting cali4niachef:

Quoting trayparis:

Great!!

that probably has to do with temperament and personality rather than method of feeding.

~ Cindy 
(mama to 23 month old nursling, childbirth junkie, coffee addict, Breastfeeding Peer Counselor and IBCLC in training)

"It is curious commentary on our society that we tolerate
 all degrees of explicitness in our literature and mass media
as regards sex and violence, but the normal act of breast feeding is taboo"
- American Academy of Pediatrics

"If you don't know your options, you don't have any."
- Diana Korte, A Good Birth, A Safe Birth

Nope!  All angel babies....  It was and is definately the method of feeding.  Thanks though!

Lencha
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 5:07 PM
SUPER, SUPER, SUPER.........ESPECIALLY #65 "Breast Milk provides natural pain relief for Baby"...........SO TRUE.  When I was bf my little ones, right after they got their shots, they were put to bf and cried very little. 
MamaRudey
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 5:25 PM
Love it!
Leahk
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 5:28 PM
YES, the BOOB  cures ALL lol. Works like a charm, I used it when I hit her head on the door jam, poor baby. and when she gets her shots!!! Works like no other. and I don't have to worry about remembering to do the tylenol thing!!!
Quoting Lencha:

SUPER, SUPER, SUPER.........ESPECIALLY #65 "Breast Milk provides natural pain relief for Baby"...........SO TRUE.  When I was bf my little ones, right after they got their shots, they were put to bf and cried very little. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding TickerLilypie Breastfeeding Pic

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

luckymommy24
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 10:17 AM

I love it!  I printed the entire list and next time I get a weary look when BF'ing my son somewhere.. or next time my family and friends want to know why I am going to BF until at least a year I am going to hand them this list and tell them maybe when they are done reading they will understand!  I'm just grateful my hubby is so supportive! 

Thanks for posting this!!

Hepburnlook82
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 12:55 PM
I printed the list to give to my pediatrician, he is one of those: "Breastmilk and formula are pretty much the same really"...   What a great resource!
punkmommy4
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 4:23 PM

I have to disagree on a couple of those. my daughter has eczema and a rash on her face and has had it since she was 3 weeks old (she is now 10 weeks), also less spit up. haha. not a chance she is even on baby zantac and still spits up. also the oridontal work, i was a breastfed baby and i needed braces.

but other than that it was very informative. it makes me love breastfeeding that much more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)