Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help finding something!

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 2:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
OK... I know this is WAY off topic, but I'm hoping one of you ladies can help me out!

The other day, I saw a woman at our neighborhood park, and she had the coolest sling/front/side carrier I've ever seen.  It was basically a super long piece of fabric the you could fold many different ways.  I asked her where she got it, and she got it in Iseral (and travel for a sling isn't anywhere in my future!).  

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  If so, what is it called, and do you know where I can get my hands on one of those?  It was seriously the coolest thing I've ever seen!
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Mar. 29, 2007 at 5:01 PM
Sounds like a Maya wrap. You can get one here. Just google for it. :-)
wifeairforce
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 8:00 PM

it sounds like a wrap, like what have on in my picture. I make my own. I love them I have 3 now and have made them for my friends. they are the best you can tie them so many ways and nurse in them my DD loves being in it. if you want to know more just let me know.

mamadragon
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 8:39 PM
I have a wrap that sonds like what you are describing. It is a Didymos and I got it from attachedtobaby.com 
I love it.
Kimrun
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 9:27 PM
Babies R Us also has a wrap like that 
xphoenixfirex
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 10:07 PM

Quoting wifeairforce:

it sounds like a wrap, like what have on in my picture. I make my own. I love them I have 3 now and have made them for my friends. they are the best you can tie them so many ways and nurse in them my DD loves being in it. if you want to know more just let me know.

Do you have a pattern for this? I would love one, but I can't see me spending 50 bucks on something I could make myself.
Whit32542
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 10:17 PM
I got mine from www.sproutpouch.com if you look at my picture i am actually wearing one with my daughter in it. It is so unbelievably great, i recommend it to anyone with any age!
AlexisT
by on Mar. 29, 2007 at 11:48 PM
www.wearyourbaby.com has great instructions on how to make and use your own wrap. I made my own. It cost me $12.00 for the fabric and I was able to get 3 out of it. I gave 2 away to friends. It's really easy. The hard part is learning the different carries. Good Luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)