Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottles Anyone??

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:17 PM
  • 15 Replies
My Joshua is 4 months and although he is #5 this part of breastfeeding behoves me!!
I need to have my "me time" so I want him to take a bottle when I'm gone. I have never been successful with feeding my others from the bottle. They just refuse it. What do I need to do to get him to drink from the bottle? What bottle(s) should I try? I've tried the Soothies bottles with no luck. Thanks for your help guys.
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachelm
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:18 PM
my daughter likes the nuk brand bottles
SophiePeaches
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:28 PM
We really like the playtex bottles with the drop in liners.
tysonyo
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:29 PM
My daughter would NOT take to the bottle either. Not for lack of trying. She did terrible at the bottle, so I gave up. I dont really have any advice, lol. Good luck.
Brady91006
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:31 PM
I tried just about all of them, and thhe only ones Brady takes are the old-fashioned looking gerber ones-i thiknk evenflo makes them too
Lynette
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:34 PM
http://www.adiri.com/products_html/nurser.asp.  My Mom gave me a couple they look just like a breast.  They are so cool.  Granted we've only used it like twice, but it's neat!
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:38 PM
Are you trying to give the bottle? That may be your problem right there.

Here's what I found to work. Just GO for your "me time." Don't overthink it, just do it.  If baby is hungry, he will eat. Otherwise he'll just wait till you get home...and it won't do him one jot of harm. Might also get your husband to appreciate you a bit more! :-)
Eviesmommy
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:38 PM

Quoting Lynette:

http://www.adiri.com/products_html/nurser.asp.  My Mom gave me a couple they look just like a breast.  They are so cool.  Granted we've only used it like twice, but it's neat!

Man, I wish I would've known about those earlier.... My girl refuses to take a bottle, which made it hard when we started back to work. I have to take breaks to feed her. Not complaining though... keeps my supply up.
Blessedbymany
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:41 PM
Maybe try a slow drip sippy cup?
lilmama1206
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:44 PM
We just got these sassy mam bottles & our DD loves them.  Plus they're not made from polycarbonate!!!  I could only find them at target.com though.  Good Luck!
Love4Lexi
by on Apr. 2, 2007 at 9:59 PM

Quoting SophiePeaches:

We really like the playtex bottles with the drop in liners.

I agree! I use the orthodontic nipples with them. They seem to have a flat and wide nipple instead of a long and hard one that most bottles have on them. The nipple makes all the difference! 

My daughter hasnt yet mastered the bottle but she is sure trying. I started her on the bottle with water and a splash of baby juice. She took it right away and now I give it to her with breast milk. She doesnt take it the same way she takes the breast but it is getting better every day. I tried over 10 different bottles and this was the only one she doesnt seem to mind. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)