Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Bright pink nipples and Lansinoh breast pads

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 7:44 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have always used Lansinoh breast pads and felt they were the best despite the fact that they make my breasts feel swelteringly hot and sweaty (anyone else notice this?)  But the last time I went to buy breast pads, good ol' Target was completely out of them.  This is devastating to a major milk leaker like me.  I looked at all the other options and grudgingly settled on the only kind I hadn't used yet "Playtex" nursing pads. 

Within a day, my nipples were no longer bright pink and sore!  I thought my nipples were just that way because I'd only been nursing for 5 weeks and they hadn't had time to toughen up yet.  This makes me wonder if I'm allergic or maybe Lansinoh causes too much yeast to grow on my skin because they really don't breathe well.

Try Playtex next time and let me know if you like them too!  They feel so dry and soft.
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Yakvar_04
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 8:03 PM

I used the non-disposable lansinoh breast pads for my 15 mos. I never had a problem. I am truly glad that you found the right product for you that alleviated some of your discomfort. I will definitely recommend to anyone who has a problem with lansinoh.

cluwho
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 8:04 PM
You may have a wool allergy.  I was sore/pink/pain etc. for three months with my first child.  Everyone told me to use Lansinoh.  Once I stopped the Lansinoh, the pain stopped.  I was allergic to the Lansinoh!

My lactation nurse said she had never heard of such a thing but it makes sense - whenever I wear a wool sweater it bothers my skin, too.

I personally like the Johnsons nursing pads.  You may want to try them:)
July07MommyLee
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 8:09 PM
I'm 7 weeks in and not a big milk maker (I'm gettin a prescription 2morrow) so at home i don't were a pad and mine just stopped being red and sore
sassybel
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 8:52 PM
I don't know but I used Lanisoh too and ended up with a yeast infection OUCH!  I don't know if it was the brand so much as it was wearing them all the time and I guess not changing them often enough.  After the torture of the yeast infection I stopped wearing pads all the time...and just use them when I feed (my other side always leaks)..unless I'm engorged and leaving the house..in which case Imust wear them.
ArtC
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 9:57 PM

Quoting sassybel:

I don't know but I used Lanisoh too and ended up with a yeast infection OUCH!  I don't know if it was the brand so much as it was wearing them all the time and I guess not changing them often enough.  After the torture of the yeast infection I stopped wearing pads all the time...and just use them when I feed (my other side always leaks)..unless I'm engorged and leaving the house..in which case Imust wear them.

Yeah, I was dealing with yeast for sure.  I can't go without breast pads, I still have let downs at odd moments through out the day when I'm not nursing.  I'd be walking around in wet shirts and that would be just as bad. 
MonicasMommy
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 9:59 PM
I have tried the Lansinoh the Johnson&Johnson, and the PLaytex and the Playtex is my fav by far!!

recca_2
by on Sep. 9, 2007 at 10:02 PM
I really liked the Lansinoh brand.  I never had a problem with them.  I guess you were just allergic.  The only other brand I used was Curex or something like that.  I didn't like those!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN