Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Wow, that's a new one!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2007 at 11:27 AM
  • 6 Replies

This was posted in another group- the whole breastfeeding/formula discussion... That's a new one for me. Baby getting SICK from the mom's breastmilk? Anyone else heard of that? Seems weird to me how a baby could get sick from something so natural as breastmilk?

my daughter got formula fed because  my milk made her sick and so did the regular infamil lipil so we had to but her on prosobee with lipil and then she was alright. theres nothing wrong with formula feeding . if thats what u want then right on , if not its all good too. your the mommy  you'll do what u think is best for your child

~Hailey~ Proud mommy to Kendall and Kinley

by on Sep. 14, 2007 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
caterpilar
by on Sep. 14, 2007 at 11:29 AM
I have never heard that before. It seems like your child would be more likely to get sick from formula than breast milk.

missbean
by on Sep. 14, 2007 at 11:30 AM
It happens. Most of the time I have questions about it! Its usually preemies that have trouble

Kara
rachlmt07
by on Sep. 14, 2007 at 11:31 AM
The only thing I can think of is that the baby may have had an intolerance to something she was eating. I'm also wondering if the baby just had reflux or something like that and that's why the baby got sick on bm and the infamil w/ lipil.
tabitha9892
by on Sep. 14, 2007 at 11:31 AM
I do not believe its the milk as so much as what the mother had eaten or taken..

deewic
by on Sep. 14, 2007 at 11:32 AM
It was probaably something in the moms diet that was making baby sick-all she had to do was monitor what she was eating!
Justforme
by on Sep. 14, 2007 at 12:41 PM

your diet is important when bfing. and sometimes it can be the smallest things that make a baby sick! I wanted to cry cause I LOVE TACO BELL, and well i think its commen since to say a babys belly just cant tolerate it to well :(
I didnt get to eat taco bell till my DD was about 6-8mo old! I also gave up tea until she was 10mo (recently)

I just now read an interesting article in a breastfeeding group..
Formula For Disaster
Many new parents think infant formula is the next best thing to Mom, but nothing could be further from the truth.

by Katie Allison Granju

Im not against FF, But I am pro-breastfeeding..I will post this article in my journal for anyone interested in reading it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)