Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How do I make her stop biting?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM
  • 4 Replies

Amelia is 8months and this past week has started biting me. I have been taking her off and telling her no bite each time, but she just laughs at me.

She will want to nurse, I put her on she gives me a little grin then chomps down and then laughs. I have been really watching her and when she grins I yank it out before she gets a chance. Today she nursed a total of 3 times cause she just wanted to bite me so I had to keep taking it away, she could have cared less too. She just thinks its funny. Everyone told me its time to quit then, but I dont think so.

What do I do? My poor nipples are not teething rings!

by on Jul. 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 31, 2009 at 12:19 AM

In the stickies of this forum is a post titled "When Babies Attack." Take a look. The tricks are there.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 31, 2009 at 12:20 AM

By the way...if you're giving solids, STOP them. She doesn't eat till she's nursed nicely. Period.

luvmybaby
by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Thank you. Ill stop them then. I usually nurse before solids, but she just hasnt nursed cause I keep taking her off the breast for biting and she got so cranky so I gave in. It is now 1pm here and she hasnt nursed since 3am. She seems to be having trouble getting my milk to come down, then she bites.

Quoting gdiamante:

By the way...if you're giving solids, STOP them. She doesn't eat till she's nursed nicely. Period.

beshka76
by on Feb. 13, 2011 at 10:24 AM

My 3 month old is already doing this. He doesn't have teeth yet, but the excessive drooling and chomping has started. I say "ouch!" and he laughs at me, too. Somedays he doesn't even get much eating done because he's so busy gnawing on me or his fist/fingers. Also, he's been pinching and scratching me with his newly easier-to-operate-but-not-quite-mastered hand coordination.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)