Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

lily pads warning

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM
  • 2 Replies
i personally think they would be great but be careful...
if you have ever had your nipples pierced, they just don't work at all. i am just trying to save some mamas some money here.

by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hooraywesay
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Mine are great for short periods, but if I wear them all day, I always end up leaking. I just wear them when swimming or if I shower before DD wakes up in the morning (because if I don't, I leak all over the shower, LOL). (And I have never had pierced nipples. Ouch!)

Kristine, proud breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping SAHM for now but RN by profession to Grace Aline born 03/28/09!

SouthALMommy
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Mine worked the same way. Plus it's not exactly great for overactive letdown. You'll find yourself leaking there too (at least for me).

Quoting hooraywesay:

Mine are great for short periods, but if I wear them all day, I always end up leaking. I just wear them when swimming or if I shower before DD wakes up in the morning (because if I don't, I leak all over the shower, LOL). (And I have never had pierced nipples. Ouch!)

I am a stay at home, breast feeding, kisses and hugs giving, chubby baby loving, happily married, co-sleeping, attachment parenting, anti-CIO, vaxing, disposable diaper using, PCOS having, baby wearing, sale item buying, in college mommy who believes in and trusts THE TRINITY (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)