Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I feel like such a bad mommy!

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 8:17 AM
  • 3 Replies
So, my DS and I laid down together at about 11 last night because he always gets fussy right before I go to bed and that was the only way I could get him to sleep last night. He suckled for about five minutes and was out. I fell asleep not long after. He started squirming around 1:30, but he's had gas for the last week or so and wakes up several times a nap to fart and go back to sleep, so I decided to give it a little bit and see if he'd wake up all the way. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew, it was almost 4:30! He wasn't crying or anything, but he's only 4 weeks old and he's never gone more than 4 hours without eating. He went almost 6! I feel so bad for falling back asleep.
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kmstockwell
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Don't beat yourself up.  As you said, he wasn't crying.  If he had been really hungry he would have been.  Those first weeks of nursing are just plain exhausting!  So look at it as a couple extra hours of sleep and don't worry about the rest!

hbarlow
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I agree... no need to feel bad. My DD used to sleep 7 hours straight without eating at that age... every once in a while. If I knew then what I knew now, I'd have enjoyed it instead of worrying about it. :-)

ladsmom
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 8:57 AM

It's okay. With my first I would wake her up to nurse.  I don't plan on doing that this time around.  They make up for it.  They also start going longer about this age.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)