Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

decrease in frequency of feedings

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 2:51 PM
  • 3 Replies
Recently my son (4 wks) has gone from nursing every 2 hours to more like 3 or 3.5 hrs quite suddenly.... Is this normal as they age to nurse less frequently, and I am concerned about his weight gain. He has been gaining beautifully (almost 3 lbs since we left the hospital), but the decrease in frequency of feedings has me concerned. Plus right now he has a head cold, so I was thinking that may be the reason as well... and now I have it too ugh... I have no idea who we got it from...
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kparker75844
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Nursing frequency and duration can vary.  That being said, the cold probably had alot to do with it.  It is kinda hard to nurse when you can't breath poor baby.  Just keep on eye on wet diapers.  As long as you have plenty I wouldn't get too concerned. Hope y'all start feeling better hun.

CafeMom Tickers
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 9, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Diapers...thats the main deal...diapers..if he gets enough diapers daily then everything is ok weight gain and everything.  Think 8 nursing daily usually and watch diapers.  You can offer more often during daylight if it makes you feel better

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Aug. 9, 2009 at 5:12 PM
It is normal for many. Just look for 6+ wets diapers a diapers

Chazz     Rocco    Joey

baby boybaby boybaby boy

06-24-02   09-05-05   09-15-08

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)