Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Tips for current breast feeding moms.

I am going to try to post daily, for any struggling bfeeding moms. I am currently breast feeding my third baby. This is actually the first time one of my children was able to latch on. I pumped with my first two.

With each of my children, bfeeding has been extremely different.  Please feel free to send me your comments and/or questions.

This is one of the many difficult parts of being a new mom, no matter if this is your first or fifth child. Lets work through these hard times, along with share the fun times together. 

I am no expert, and trust me I don't pretend to be. I can only tell you what works/worked for me.

I will help you, let me know if you can help me.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Quoting Iamamommyagain:

qdiamante,

I wish my husband could do it all. But he works third shift, going in to work at 10:30pm and getting off around 7am. So when he gets home he needs to go to sleep.

Having been an overnight worker (midnight to 10 AM)....don't let him shine you on. He can still help with some things. **grin**

Nope. I have no mercy. **grin**

pamela_in_fl
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Quoting Iamamommyagain:

Pamela in Fl,

I was wondering are you a stay at home mom, or do you work from home? I have been searching for a stay at home job, which would make bfeeding much easier.

I wish I was a SAHM or worked from home. I have an 8-4 office job though. I was able to work from home over maternity leave but had to transition back to the office when my baby was about 10 weeks old. I too would love to work from home but there are just too many scams out there. There's a cafemom group for this subject that I belong too but to date, nothing has surfaced!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 29, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Quoting Iamamommyagain:

'Ok so one more day down. I got some down time, last night, with some friends. So I had a few drinks. I felt kind of bad about pumping and dumping. But I really needed some down time. The in-laws took care of the kids, so I got out the house. YEAAAA ME!!!

Good for you! FYI...if "a few" was no more than two, there was no need to pump and dump.

I pumped enough extra milk for two feedings, and I had a small container of formula. I mixed the formula and breast milk. My son seemed to take the mixture as if nothing was different.

OK.

I thought he might get constipated but everything is fine. Even though I could use a break from all the diapers. How can some thing so little, which doesn't eat much, stink so much? I love him nevertheless.

Oh let me not forget the great sensation of  "Let down" I experienced this with my past children.  It is as though someone is crapping their nails in to top of my breast. I have been trying to explain to my husband, but he will never understand. He is always asking me "What is wrong with you?" or "Why are you graping your boobs?" I find myself not even realizing that I am pressing across the top of my breast, in an attempt to make the pain less painful.

All the joys of MOTHERHOOD.... it could never be explained all in one place. No matter how long the movie or book.

**smile**

Iamamommyagain
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Today was a good day.  I am finaly getting back on my feet. Just mentally tired.

Iamamommyagain
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Is my son weird or is this normal? My son falls asleep almost every time he latches on.  I have to wake him up.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 3, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Quoting Iamamommyagain:

Is my son weird or is this normal? My son falls asleep almost every time he latches on.  I have to wake him up.

Pretty normal, especially if he just finished a growth spurt.

Iamamommyagain
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 11:12 PM

shoot bw him calling asleep and eating so much, it could take him 30 - 45 minutes to eat. Yeah Me!

xsuelenax
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I have been exclusively breast feeding my son for 6 months now he is getting teeth and it is starting to hurt. I have a single electric breast bump I first have to find the pattern manually then it can do it automatically and then it seems like it takes a long time to get the milk out. so I am needing tips for breast feeding. I am curious how do working moms find time and be able to pump and do everything they do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Quoting xsuelenax:

I have been exclusively breast feeding my son for 6 months now he is getting teeth and it is starting to hurt. I have a single electric breast bump I first have to find the pattern manually then it can do it automatically and then it seems like it takes a long time to get the milk out. so I am needing tips for breast feeding. I am curious how do working moms find time and be able to pump and do everything they do.

Babies with teeth can nurse. Make sure he's opening wide to latch on, with his tongue over his bottom teeth. Give him a cold washcloth to chew on before he nurses. Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets are great, too. Check kellymom.com for relevant articles.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:03 AM

could also be a sign of tongue tie, you should just check just in case. its easy to check for.

Quoting Iamamommyagain:

shoot bw him calling asleep and eating so much, it could take him 30 - 45 minutes to eat. Yeah Me!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN