Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I Need Your Help

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2007 at 8:22 AM
  • 3 Replies
 URGENT REQUEST      

February 14, 2007

Dear Friend:                                                   

I plead before you today with a heavy heart.  On Thursday, December 21, my 16-year-old daughter was brutally raped by two boys who attend a Chicago Public High School.  As she screamed out hysterically for help, one boy sat on the side of the bed and played a hand held game.  I respectfully request, that by signing this petition, you join me in demanding the termination of the contracts of all three administrative members at Simeon Career Academy.  They perpetrated nothing less than what my daughter’s rapists did – they took her ability to trust others, they extinguished the gleam in her eyes, they halted the luster to her step, and my friends – they vandalized her innocence.   Allow me to share her story: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/HelpMyChild/ 

Forever Grateful,

Suzette Smart

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”Martin Luther King, Jr. 
by on Feb. 14, 2007 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM

This happened in 2006. Was it reported to the police? Was it prosecuted? With what result? Did your daugther get counseling? Is she still getting it?

Has a civil lawsuit been filed against the administrators? Online petitions are rarely effective, but lawsuits usually are.

Indeed, are those administrators even around, considering the massive cutbacks in Chicago schools?

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM

This OP is from Feb. 2007.  How did it get bumped to the top?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I'm not sure! I didn't notice the OP date, just that it was on page 2 of the queue here. Last signature on the petition was in 2011.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN