Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I waited too long...

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM
  • 5 Replies

Jeremy is 2 y 2m old and he is VERY attached to the boob, but I am just READY to be DONE. He only nurses at night and will not go to sleep if I don't nurse him down. But he's up and in my bed by 3 am and nap/nurses for the rest of the night..needless to say I haven't gotten good sleep for a LONG time. He shares a room with his 1st grade brother and when I try to put him back to bed he just screams and opens the door and wakes up EVERYONE in the house(we have 4 boys) All the other boys were done before 1 year old and there was very little involved, just "here you go" and they took the bottle/cup with no fuss. This guy is being DIFFICULT, PLEASE HELP!! I really don't know what else to do, and I am starting to resent breastfeeding and I don't want to resent ANY time I spend with my boys. Thanks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding TickerLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th TickerLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Merriv377
by on Sep. 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM

seriously...doesn't ANYONE have some advice? the bandaids on my nipples didn't work, telling him no doesn't work, HELP!

BUMP

DezmondMommy
by on Sep. 1, 2009 at 9:37 AM

sorry I  can't help ... I have a 2 year who is attached also...good luck...my sil used the band aid trick and it worked

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 2, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Only saw your post just now, for some reason.

There is a toddler version of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley that should help.

MrsKish
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Where would I find this?

Quoting gdiamante:

Only saw your post just now, for some reason.

There is a toddler version of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley that should help.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Saw it on amazon for $12. "The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Gentle Ways to Stop Bedtime Battles and Improve Your Child's Sleep (Paperback)". The library should have it, too. My youngest three nursed past 2 and 3 years, but I night weaned at 18 months. I would nurse TO sleep, but not through the night. My babies slept in my bed. I'd cuddle them back to sleep unless they threw tantrums in which case a rolled over and they only got my back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)