Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very little Milk in ine breast

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2009 at 9:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

Can anyone help me with breast-feeding? My problem is I get very little milk in my left breast and an abundance in the right? I feel lopsided all the time and I am very self-conscience. To make matters worse I am going back to work on the 18th (my 12 weeks of post-delivery is up) and I want to pump at work and nurse at home and I do not want the embarrassment of lopsidedness in public. I have tired extra feedings on the side that does not produce much milk and I am still unsuccessful. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jen

You can earn at HOME too! We now offer WEEKLY PAY! Let me share why I LOVE my job...

by on Sep. 12, 2009 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Quoting umich0730:

Can anyone help me with breast-feeding? My problem is I get very little milk in my left breast and an abundance in the right?

That's normal. Just nurse or pump the smaller side more.

I feel lopsided all the time and I am very self-conscience. To make matters worse I am going back to work on the 18th (my 12 weeks of post-delivery is up) and I want to pump at work and nurse at home and I do not want the embarrassment of lopsidedness in public.

You may need to stuff your bra if the extra nursing/pumping doesn't work. ALL of us are lopsided to soem degree and pregnancy emphasizes it.

I have tired extra feedings on the side that does not produce much milk and I am still unsuccessful. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jen

You're doing all the right things. Remember this: Most people don't even notice. After all, you didn't know till now that this is normal, right? Nothing looks as bad to others as it does to ourselves.

umich0730
by on Sep. 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I hear ya. I guess while I am at work I try to pump as often as I can to even myself out. Thanks for the response.b

You can earn at HOME too! We now offer WEEKLY PAY! Let me share why I LOVE my job...

nosborne
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I've been 'fighting' this for several months.  I know that most people would never notice, but I notice when I am lopsided, and it bugs me.   When it first started being noticable (around 4-5 months I think), I would start, and try to finish, every nursing session on the smaller side, then immediatly pump the smaller side.  I would pump once before bed too.  It helped a little, but I still am slightly lopsided, and produce almost 2x as much out of one side as the other.  I still do start every session on the smaller side, and it isn't too noticable.  I generally only notice it now if DS hasn't nursed in a while.

My little boobie monster is 10 months old!!

in lovebreastfeedinglistening to tunesplaying soccer girl

Sassie113
by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I have the same problem... my DS will be 9 months on the 25th. I asked my sons pedi who is also a bfing mom and she said there really isn't a whole lot I can do about it.  Just before summer I was freaking out because it was tank top weather and I was so lopsided I only felt comfortable in baggy shirts.... but things normalized somewhat on its own so its not uper obvious anymore but I still produce more milk out of my left side.  If you have less ducts on one side, its kind of out of your control.

kpwith3
by on Sep. 14, 2009 at 4:30 PM
I am having this same problem! My left breast is twice the size of my right. ( I am an A-cup and one side doesn't even fill the bra and the other is busting out of it) I have tried the extra feedings on the right and the extra pumping on that side but it isn't really working. Even my 17 year old niece was picking on me about it! When I pump both together I get at least 3oz on my left side but NEVER more than 1oz on my right. It is very frustrating. But I am glad to hear that this is normal and I am not the only one having this problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)