Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

should i wean my 25 month old?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 10:32 PM
  • 3 Replies

my son is 25 months old and i am considering weaning him he loves to nurse all day long he has had some health problems going back and forth to doctors and bad constipation with even meralax and im just afraid it will do more harm than good.everybody looks at me funny when i say i still nurse so whats you opinion?

Micah's Mommy
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 15, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Never mind the people who look at you funny. Their opinion is UNIMPORTANT.

Go talk it over witht he woman in your mirror. What does SHE want you to do? HERS is the only opinion that matters.

ajswenson
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 10:39 PM

If it works for you and him, and he is healthy and not "lacking" other nutrients b/c he only wants to nurse....I'd do what YOU want to do.  Are you ready to nurse or do you still enjoy it??

Danielle720
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 10:39 PM

There is no need to wean if you and baby don't want to.  As long as he is getting adequate nutrition between breastmilk and table food, there is no need to stop.  If he has needs that aren't being met, it seems logical to add to his diet, not take away!  If he is constipated, breastmilk should help, but you may want to increase the other fluids he gets.  Trust your instincts.  If you don't want to wean, find another solution to his difficulties.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN