Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

may be dumb question

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 1:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

so im breastfeeding my little one but ive been really sick the past week and i havent ate anything in 3 days..... so i was wondering is he still getting everything he needs from my milk?

by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
imthemama0608
by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 1:51 PM

yes he should still be fine, as long as you are getting enough fluids.. he is still getting what he needs, plus the antibodies that will help because you are sick..   

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 18, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Yes, he will still get everything that he needs.  You are the one that will suffer from you not eating.  Our bodies are designed to take care of our babies first.  Just be sure to stay hydrated for yourself and for making milk. 

LeanneC
by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 1:57 PM

As long as you are producing milk, it will be fine.  I got really sick once and didn't eat for a day and my milk just disapeared.   It was gone.   I forced myself to eat that day and pushed fluids (he wouldn't take a bottle for anything, thank goodness!)... the next morning I woke up (after he nursed all night) and my milk was back in full force. 

So... make sure and get plenty to drink.  Chicken broth would be good, if you can manage... and eat when you can.  I still remember forcing plain spaghetti noodles down because it was the only thing that didn't inspire that pukey feeling!  We do what we gotta for our kids, right? 

Feel better!  :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 18, 2009 at 2:18 PM

He ALWAYS gets what he needs. YOU are the one who suffers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)