Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Getting Concerned.....refusing to eat!!!

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok my son Malachi will be turning a year old Monday and he has pretty much refused table foods. We started him late so he didn't get his first jar of baby food until about 9 months old. He was eating at least 2 jars a day so I started getting him the Gerber finger trays and he was eating them for dinner. Well now the past couple weeks he won't eat. He hasn't really started nursing more either. I am just concerned he isn't eating enough. He still nurses about 4 times a day and atleast 1 time at night. When I do sit him down in his chair to eat food he will take maybe 3 or 4 bites and then starts spitting it out and will refuse the rest. Should I be concerned? Thanks!

by on Sep. 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Are you still giving him the jarred stuff? Ttry some finger foods instead. He may well be happier.

If youre still nursing it's not a huge concern.

megarooniduh
by on Sep. 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Is he getting anything else besides the gerber trays? Do you give him table food?

Paesana82
by on Sep. 25, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Adriana is the same. The only thing I can tell you is try just giving her finger foods...whatever you are eating. My DD eats much better when I just give her what we are eating. She'll eat pasta, bread, fruits, pieces of veggies(only if it's with pasta though)....good luck! I know it's hard! I wouldn't worry unless your LO is losing weight.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

NoraDun
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I have pretty much stopped jar foods. I only do them occasionally. I have been giving him our dinner cut up or Gerber finger foods! I am thinking maybe I should go back to the jar foods what do you think?

Quoting gdiamante:

Are you still giving him the jarred stuff? Ttry some finger foods instead. He may well be happier.

If youre still nursing it's not a huge concern.

NoraDun
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Yea and he still refuses it!!

Quoting megarooniduh:

Is he getting anything else besides the gerber trays? Do you give him table food?

megarooniduh
by on Sep. 25, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Have your tried giving him differant things? When you cook do you put spices on your food, that could be one reason he's denying it. My son sometimes eats the gerber meals, but sometimes will totally refuse them. I would google one year old dinner ideas, or something of the sort and get some ideas of things to try with your son. I wouldn't be too worried since he's still breastfeeding, but would keep a close eye on it. You might just have to try alot of new things to see what he likes.

I've been a baby-wearing, co-sleeping, no CIO, breastfeeding, baby signing, vaxing mama for the past year and I wouldn't do it any other way! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)