Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

wet nursing bra's :o/

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 7:02 AM
  • 12 Replies

Just wondering how to nurse without getting milk all over the flap of nursing bra's. :o/ After she's done I always get a patch of milk on my bra..... Its so annoying! Is there a better bra out there or am I just doing this all wrong lol.

It seems a bib doesn't do much help, or maybe I'm not using the right bibs?.... I have no clue but im tired of doing laundry lol I use breast pads to prevent leaking throughout the day but its the actual feeding thats causing my nursing bra's getting wet.

Thanks a bunch girls!

~Becky

by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 7:09 AM

LOL! I hear you! My bra was soaked all day on Monday. Was driving me nuts. Usually, I use a burp cloth under baby while he's feeding b/c he likes to dribble. You could try that. Or, keep the breast pad on the flap of your bra to catch the BM.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

kpwith3
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 7:28 AM

My DS was the sloppiest eater at first so I used to use a burp cloth and tuck it into my bra and let it drape over the bra flap. It works well but looks funny.

rebekah519
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM

thanks ladies :)

nosborne
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM

LOL!!  I had to tuck a burp cloth (well I actually used a cloth diaper because they car cheeper then the burp cloths) under my boob like a bib for about the first 2-3 months.  I think part of it was him, and part was me.  It will get better, just tuck something under your breast in the meantime.

Lilypie

Pishyah
by on Oct. 1, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I gave up bras for this reason.  Well, that and the fact that discreet nursing in public was even more difficult with a nursing bra to deal with.  I wear spaghetti straps with the extra support layer constantly.  I just pull it down, no clips to worry with.  It's not nearly as difficult as the bras. 

rebekah519
by on Oct. 1, 2009 at 2:36 PM

hmmm thats neat :)  

Wrtngfantasymom
by on Apr. 23, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I have larger breasts, so i can hide the flap under my breast, and I grab the pad out of my bra actually (I never sticky it!) put it over the nipple and then cover back up when at home. it took a lot of practice to grab both the pad and the flap and cover back up appropriately. but the burp cloth is a good idea :)

Marimaru
by on Apr. 23, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I don't know what to tell you.  I chalked it up to having a messy eater.  A bib wouldn't do any good, because it's going basically down the side of baby's face, not down their chin, if that makes any sense.  In public I've put a burp cloth there to try and catch some of it.  Anymore, I just have a tank on, and life my shirt up, so if my bra/tank get wet, the shirt will cover it when I pull it back down, lol.

malorie2284
by on Apr. 23, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Quoting nosborne:

LOL!!  I had to tuck a burp cloth (well I actually used a cloth diaper because they car cheeper then the burp cloths) under my boob like a bib for about the first 2-3 months.  I think part of it was him, and part was me.  It will get better, just tuck something under your breast in the meantime.

i totally did the same exact thing lol... my supply was like a waterfall sometimes...

stephNcary
by on Apr. 23, 2010 at 6:27 PM

i use a bib but i always make it to where the part of the bib used to catch whatever is hanging down, so pretty much it ends up going on sideways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)