Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Come on ladies, its a breastfeeding group...please help me....

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM
  • 19 Replies

My son is 16 months old and comfort nurses A LOT during the day and all night. The last few days my nipples have been so sore that I practically cringe when he latches on...

He is a BIG boy, he is over 40 pounds. Do you think his latch is just too strong? What else could be causing me so much pain? I have no bumps or sores on my nipples, they look just fine...

Thanks ladies. I'm in pain so any advice or suggestions are welcome....

My name is Erin, I'm a 24 year old Aries, I love country music, adore my husband and 2 kids, and am currently TTC # 3 while still nursing my son. I believe in attachment parenting, I co-sleep with both of my kids and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm always looking for new friends!

by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chuckees_luvee
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM

My 13 month old has taken to biting me, is it that by chance? I really only feel it when he is pulling off and I'm still stuck between his teeth.

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Quoting chuckees_luvee:

My 13 month old has taken to biting me, is it that by chance? I really only feel it when he is pulling off and I'm still stuck between his teeth.

Nope, no biting or scraping...

My name is Erin, I'm a 24 year old Aries, I love country music, adore my husband and 2 kids, and am currently TTC # 3 while still nursing my son. I believe in attachment parenting, I co-sleep with both of my kids and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm always looking for new friends!

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM

bump

Still hurting :(

mommaslilman06
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM

could be several things.. thrush comes to mind first, or pregnancy/period

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers        PhotobucketPhotobucketbreastfeeding,8 month

utahkritter
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Sometimes my nipples just feel raw, if you think this may be the case, try some lanolin.

MarigoldsMama
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I noticed a change in how sore I was when my 16 month old latched on ... and Ta Da! Pregnant!

CafeMom Tickers
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

same here. also soothies are nice!

Quoting utahkritter:

Sometimes my nipples just feel raw, if you think this may be the case, try some lanolin.

shadyangel42
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM

dont know.... BUMP

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
stahmomof2boys
by on Sep. 30, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Quoting mommaslilman06:

could be several things.. thrush comes to mind first, or pregnancy/period

this
tabs852
by Member on Sep. 30, 2009 at 11:30 PM

My nipples always get sore from hormonal issues such as when I'm about to start my period or when I'm ovulating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN