Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Babywearing, 2 questions.. (OT)

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2009 at 7:09 PM
  • 2 Replies

Off topic, but I know alot of nursing mommys babywear so Im posting here :)

1) When wearing a 7 week old in a Sleepy / Moby Wrap, do you keep their legs in like a newborn or do you let them hang out and have the fabric just support their bottom?

2) They say that babywearing is good stimulation for their brains nomatter what age, right? Why does my little one always sleep? When in the wrap, he only wakes up to eat and would sleep all day and night if I kept him in it. Is this normal / okay? Should I not wear him so much?

Thank you to everyone who responds ^__^

by on Oct. 1, 2009 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lyndallsmom
by on Oct. 1, 2009 at 8:05 PM

At 7 weeks, I would tuck the legs in.  They like being all curled up. They feel secure, like they were in the womb.

As for question 2, sounds normal to me. What better way to establish nursing than to have them close to you like that. It is their job to just eat. As long as you and baby are happy, it is working. If that means being in the wrap most of the day, so be it.

Kim

in lovebreastfeedinggirl on a swing

Kim & Alan              Mia                     Lyndall

8/2/03                10/1/2008             3/20/05

USMCBride08
by on Oct. 1, 2009 at 8:06 PM

ITA :) all babies pretty much just sleep and eat that young :) enjoy it... when he's 9 months you'll be pulling out your hair because he wont sleep and give you 10 min to yourself lol

Quoting lyndallsmom:

At 7 weeks, I would tuck the legs in.  They like being all curled up. They feel secure, like they were in the womb.

As for question 2, sounds normal to me. What better way to establish nursing than to have them close to you like that. It is their job to just eat. As long as you and baby are happy, it is working. If that means being in the wrap most of the day, so be it.

Kim

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN