Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question About Breastfeeding

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2009 at 11:51 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am 28 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and I am really wanting to breastfeed successfully this time and I have a great support system in my S/O {my exhusband thought that breastfeeding was nasty}. I breastfed my son for 6 weeks and my daughter for 5 weeks before I gave up.
So I am wondering what I can I do this time around before baby gets here to help with my supply and get myself prepared for breastfeeding.

by on Oct. 2, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ChazznRoccosmom
by on Oct. 2, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Take it one feeding at a time. Don't even buy formula. Don't buy bottles either unless you work, and then keep them at the caretakers house if possible. But even then, only buy 2-3. But remember, if you can "get through this one feeding w/o a bottle", before you know it your LO will be celebrating their first birthday.

Mom             Dad         Chazz (7y)   Rocco (4y)    Joey (1y)

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who still loves her  tattoos, piercings, makeup and hairdye.

Barbwire729
by on Oct. 2, 2009 at 12:13 PM

It will be tough. You'll have good days and bad. Just push through it and you'll make it. Good luck!

zookeeperx3
by on Oct. 2, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Did you have some sort of supply issues with your first 2 children that made you only nurse for the first few weeks or was it just lack of support? I think the one thing that helped me BF was my attitude of I am going to do it no matter what. I had no idea what I was getting into with my first son and no one to ask questions about it but we made it a whole year. My 2nd son nursed for 18 months and I am currently nursing my 3rd son who is almost 3 months. There will be bad days but just remember that the next one will be better and it is so worth it. Good luck.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
hoping4number3
by on Oct. 5, 2009 at 7:44 PM

thanks for the replies to the OP! I'm in the same boat as far as "failing" the first 3 times..and with this being my last baby, I'm ready to DO IT! lol great tips!

pregnancy calendar 

Thinking about the holidays yet? Check out www.youravon.com/katiewilliams for some cheap ideas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)