Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding Pain?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am having issues with nipple compression during breastfeeding.  My son is almost 9 weeks old and I have been doing a combo of pumping and breastfeeding.  This seems to stay off some of the pain, however if I breastfeed too many times in a row I will still get to sore to continue.  I met with an LC and she felt my technique was great and he is latched well. She wasn't sure about the compression.  I have tried her suggestions and still having the same problem.  Is there anyone else out there with this issue or that has any suggestions from going through this?

by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 6, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by nipple compression. But maybe something here will help: http://www.kellymom.com/newman/03a-sore_nipples.html

raburton2
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 5:08 PM

OH, when my baby is feeding he is flattening my nipples out.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 6, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Quoting raburton2:

OH, when my baby is feeding he is flattening my nipples out.

Hmm. It does sound like something actually isn't right with the latch...or perhaps there's a frenulum problem? Does his tongue look heart shaped when his mouth is open?

Shy of that, I'm stumped.

raburton2
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 5:20 PM

His mouth is actually good.  We went and saw an ENT that works with breastfeeding moms that my lactation consultant recommended and he didn't see any problems. I think I will just keep trying.  I would think as he gets older and his mouth overall gets bigger he would have to get better.  Maybe...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN