Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to feed my 13 month old baby?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 3940 Total Views

I feel like I am at a loss sometimes about what to feed my baby. He used to loves his baby food veggies, but he won't eat any veggies I steam for him, and he won't eat baby food anymore. He used to love turkey lunch meat, now he won't eat that anymore. He likes bread sometimes, and will eat strng cheese. I usually feed him what we are eating for dinner, as long as he can eat it. What do you all feed your babies? I feel like he is not eatin enough.

by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
YorkieMomofone
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I recently found out that my LO is allergic to eggs so i typically feed him the same things day in and day out here is a typicall day

Early morning: 1 bottle of milk

Breakfast: Instant Oatmeal, Purreed fruit (i buy a lg can and put in the blender for weeks at a time). Slice of toast with butter OR 1/2 bananna

Lunch: Lunch meat, Instant mashed pototoes OR ramen OR beef a roni and a side of yogurt or applesauce.

Snacks: string cheese, cheese crackers, fruit or veggie and juice/milk

Dinner: Grilled cheese OR Cream of mushroom soup w/rice OR bean w/bacon soup with a vegtable (carrots, corn, peas, you get the idea!). 

Before Bed: 1 bottle of milk

And drinks throughout the day typically water, except at snack time. I am still weaning from the bottle and to be honest i havent rushed into stopping the early or bedtime ones the in-between ones were simple but those are hard for us right now! Hope that helps =)

2babys-under2
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM

My son is 13 months old. For breakfast, I give him things like: applesauce or yogurt and a gerber cereal bar. instant oatmeal and fruit. cheerios and banana chunks in milk. ETC.

For lunch: grilled cheese and gerber crunchies. gerber pasta rings (like spaghetti-o's). Sandwich of some sort and tomato slice. ETC.

And for dinner, he usually has what we're having or I get him the gerber toddler dinners. They're microwaveable and cover the food groups.

I'd check out the gerber toddler products. My son doesn't eat baby food or infant cereals at all anymore. I almost don't have to shop in the baby aisle anymore! : )

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers
momofmissE
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:44 PM

My 14th month baby girl will eat anything.  I buy can veggies with no salt added and just heat in microwave.  I boil or bake sweet potatoes, cool them and them cut into chunks for her.  She loves baby carrots boiled in chicken broth (low sodium).  Fruit is  her favorite.  I get cantaloupe, honey dew, watermelon, pineapples and mangos.  I wash and clean them, peel them and cut up in chunks for snacks.  When we have rice, a take a little out for her with only butter and peper.

As far as meats, she eats grilled or baked chicken (sometimes), sausage off pizza (weird), diced ham, and on rare occasions a little stew meat.  She loves egss.

We don't give her a lot of cookies or sweets.  She gets that at daycare for a treat.  Her treats here at home are fruit.  Bananas especially are her favorite.

livethedifferen
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:36 PM

THank you all for your posts! It was a lot of help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)