Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 1:44 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 446 Total Views

Poll

Question: When did you start potty training your kids?

Options:

Under 12 Months

12 Months to 18 Months

18 Months to 2 Years

2 And Up

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

Okay, so my LO is totally ready to be potty trained. She just started walking and is she sits on the potty every time we go into the bathroom. She has a fit when she is wet or dirty and pulls on her diaper sometimes when she has to pee. She used the potty this morning too. So I have been trying to get her to do it again. Are there any tips on what might work to keep encouraging her to try again?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stephmiester87
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2010 at 9:09 PM

We are starting and my son is 17 months.  this is our second try at it.  and he has had 3 sucessfull potty's   we are on a break right now cause he got diareah form his antibiotics for an ear infection

KCornett04
by Member on Feb. 13, 2010 at 5:19 PM

I havent had anything successful yet. My dd is 14 mths and Im not in a rush yet. I just keep putting her on her potty, reading her potty books, singing to her, pretty much anything to make it postivie for her. I plan on rewarding her first potty with an MM. Some people dont like that but my DD has a big sweet tooth and I think it will work.

hnye23
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2010 at 1:32 PM

my baby is 17 months old and I recently started putting her on the potty first thing in the morning to do pee-pee's like mommy and she does every time.  She also does every night before her bath.  I think the most important thing is to form a routine.  She understands the potty now and has a mostly dry diaper every morning and is so excited to use her potty.  good luck but if you aren't successful right now, don't be upset, most babies don't start potty training until they are 18-24 months and can undress themselves. 

Aimee_wren
by New Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Something you might want to try is using M&Ms.  Give  her one or two everytime she has a successful potty.  We do that and we are almost outta diapers!!!!

Mommie2Adeline
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Adeline is going to turn 2 in December and she is ready to potty Train also.....

mommyvoodoo
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2010 at 1:30 AM

my 2 year old is stubborn about potty training.none of my other ones were.either she tells us "i dont wanna"she tells us that alot everyday!!for everything it seems or she will get on the potty then say she is done!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN