Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2008 at 3:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 206 Total Views
Hi everyone - I am new to this group. I just found out I was pregnant last week. My OB/Gyn wont see me until I am about 8 weeks along, on Jan 29 so I have no idea when I am due yet. I am estimating around August or September sometime. This is my first pregnancy and my husband and I are so excited!  I had 2 days lasgt week where I could not eat or drink anything, I was so nauseated.  Now I only get sick after I eat.  This may be TMI but I am constipated and am not sure what to take for it. It is making me very uncomfortable.  I look forward to getting to talking to others that are due around the same time! I have no clue what to do!  Happy New Years everyone!
by on Jan. 1, 2008 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hoping4number3
by Group Owner on Jan. 1, 2008 at 6:26 PM
ha, join the club of constipatees! lol TMI, but poor hubby, I always sound like a party going on when I come out after some relief lol Actually, it sounds like I'm 3 yrs old all over again.." I wennnnnt POOO POOOO" haha  Congrats on your first pregnancy :)
Try ginger root tablets...get them at any health food store....I didn't take them last pregnancy, and was puking water! This time around, although Im' not far, they have done wonders for me!!!
Good luck!
pregnancy calendar
tts
by on Jan. 1, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Congrats on your new pregnancy!  I have also had constipation, and I got relief from eating cereal with lots of fiber (ex. Raisin Nut Brand)  and drinking more water!!!! I hope that helps.  I have also heard that "protein" helps fight nauseous... such as nuts, peanut butter, any kinds of meat.  I find eating smaller portions helps me too.  

~Tara
numama08
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Hello,

My name is Lisa and I live in Texas. Me and my DF are expecting our first Aug 26. I am so excited. After we have been trying for a while now. I have my first dr. appt on  Jan. 17. I have been having nausea and very sleepy lately. My nausea is not as bad as I see everyone elses is. I had my BFP on Dec.29. Cant wait to hear from all of you throughout this long journey.
chibabies
by on Jan. 5, 2008 at 1:49 PM
Hi all - I am leaving this group. It appears I am in the process of having a miscarriage.  I wish all of you the best of luck, health and happiness.
hoping4number3
by Group Owner on Jan. 5, 2008 at 5:44 PM
oh no! what happened? So sorry! I have been through a couple of MC..and it's so hard :(
pregnancy calendar
chibabies
by on Jan. 5, 2008 at 10:31 PM
I am not sure what happened - just one of those things I guess. I went to the ER on wednesday with cramps and a little bit of spotting and then had a repeat HCG test done on friday and the numbers only went up by 2.  They told me it was not a viable pregnancy and would most likely miscarry and wouldnt you know it happened today.  We will definately try again, I am just so upset because it took me 8 years to get pregnant.  My heart is broken.
ilovekids326
by on Jan. 6, 2008 at 1:11 AM
Hi Everyone,
                        my name is candice and i live in Michigan. but me and my boyfriend are expecting our first child in July or Aug it all depend who u listen too.i had a ultrasound done in DEC 6, then i had my first doctor appointment on jan2,08 and i was 10wk 2 day and that was the first ultrasound and i got a picture too it so cool. what i mean it all depend the doctor said it July but the ultrasound said Aug.
Candice Bussa
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)