Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sick for the first time... and constipated piog

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:46 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 125 Total Views

my 4mo is sick, ((i think)) he also is constipated. he was up last night at 1 then at 5 (i know thats not even that bad so im not complaining) but he used to sleep all night until about 2 weeks ago, now he seems more hungry and wants to eat in the middle of the night, but last night he woke up but wouldnt take a bottle and i didnt know what to do and yesterday the pedi just told me to start adding a teaspoon of mirilax a day to his bottle bc he is really constipated (another reason why he may be waking up) but he wont take the bottle ((arghhh)) and the reason he needs the mirilax is bc he wont take a juice bottle OR sippy cup at all, he freaks out as soon as he tastes the juice (which was helping him poop) so this morning when i dropped him off at my grandmas i gave him some tylenal hoping it would clear up the runny nose and also he felt warm ( i didnt take his temp but she said she would ) im just so frustrated bc i want to make this all better for him... i heard about vicks on the feet, do you all think that works? anything else youve tried that comforts them? he doesnt like to be cuddled :( as much as i do. and unfortuatly i have to be at work all day, but if hes not feeling better i will take off tommorow bc its deegans day with dh and as much as he loves him, he doesnt have the patience i do especially if hes sick.... any suggestions?

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
maybaby22
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Is he possibly teething? that would explain runny nose and not wanting to take a bottle. Try some teething tablets. My lo is also constipated (shes four and half months) so ive completely cut out all cereal and she is only getting bottles, I think I will try the miralax! :)

Try doing the bicycle with this legs, rubbing is tummy and I know this is usually a no no but if your giving him juice he should be fine with it. Warm up some water and put a teaspoon of jello in there and put in a bottle, I swear that helps my dd stomach settle down all the time, it usually doesnt make her poop but if his tummy relaxes he may poop. worth a shot?

deegansmommy28
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:23 AM

he was getting rice cereal and i did cut that out about 2 weeks ago. he was supposed to be taking juice, but wont drink it so i dont think he'd drink the water/jello he is so stubborn!! the pedi told me to start with fruits and veggies, so i am, it doesnt seem to be making anything worse than it already is, but at the same time, it doesnt seem to be making anything better :(  and it does seem like he is starting to teeth, but the teething tablets and baby orajel dont do anything for him, tylenal seems to work though but i dotn know if its okay to give him regularly??

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
biznesmom
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Hey, my son is always really constipated, and I can't stop his cereal because he has acid reflux. My doctor told me to give him prune baby food. I was giving him a suppository every so often. The prune food really helped though. He only does a little between his last two bottles. I don't know about the Tylenol, I would maybe double check with the doctor, but I don't think it's a problem if he is running a high temp. Good luck, he'll be fine.

HeatherChicky
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2009 at 8:20 AM

My little girl had a bad problem with constipation and her pedi suggested glycerin suppositories if the prunes did not work. I would ask yours about that. I noticed it was applesauce which caused the constipation. I read that rice, applesauce and bananas can do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)